52 ~ Hello Miss Murthy!

Start from the beginning

"Okay students the thing I'm gonna discuss now isn't related to science but it has science in it's name." He smiled, "Well it's a project that our principal wants me to do with you guys. We haven't done it before but I'm sure you guys would enjoy it."

"What's the project sir?" Someone snickered.

"No interruption please!" He looked through his glasses raising his voice.

"I'll divide the class into partners and together you guys will do a project on paranormal science,  interesting right?"

"It's scary Sir!" A blonde girl uttered.

"Not at all I and my faculty members will be there if some problem arises." He assured.

"Basically today you guys are going to a graveyard and there you'll pitch a tent and around 2 or 3 in the morning you've to record some paranormal activities. You'll be given a  infra red thermometer and EMF meter that will mark fluctuations in temperature and electromagnetic fields and you've to just follow them and record everything you see in a night vision camera." Mr Douglas completed and the entire class turned into a mass of dead people with no sound at all.

"When the thermometer shows a dip just think there's a spirit nearby. And high EMF levels indicates presence of paranormal activities nearby. I hope the basics are clear and I'm sure you would enjoy the trip." Mr Douglas said as if we were going for a picnic.

"But Sir that's too scary!" Someone finally voiced.

"Not that much. Personally I don't believe in ghosts and this is just an adventurous project. No need to get scared, we'll be resting outside the cemetery. It's just a matter of two to three hours. Just think you've gone for a horror movie. And grades will be awarded for the team that shows good communication, and of course good compatibility between the two partners."

"What is he?  A biology teacher or a ghost hunter?" Tyler whispered.

"Probably a ghost hunter!" Zack joined in.

"Shut up guys he's watching us."

"The kids are too scared!" Manik taunted.

"We'll see!" Tyler and Zack retorted.

"So guys let's decide the team!" Mr Douglas brought out the roll call register.

"Bella Jones is teamed up with Michael!" Tyler's face fell but he managed to smile.

"Zack Woods and Tyler Shaw!"

They both looked at each other as if they had grown two heads.

"Sir we aren't gay!" Tyler blurted out and the whole class bursted into laughter.

"Silence, this is a project and it has nothing to do with gays or straights!" Mr Douglas yelled.

"It's okay we're friends!" I tapped his shoulder.

"But I'm closer to you Nanz, not your boyfriend!" Tyler whined.

"You're better with Zack!" Manik mumbled and I kicked him under the desk. He didn't look back but held my hand that was going to push him.

"Nandini and Manik!" Mr Douglas called out our names and I freed my hand from his grasp by kicking him again.

"Yes Sir?" We both asked hurriedly.

"What?" Mr Douglas gave us a quizzical look.

"Sir you called our names so is there any problem?" I asked praying he didn't notice our mischiefs.

"No you both are partners for today's project!"

Okay I wasn't expecting this! He just called us by our first names and while announcing the partners he used the surnames too. So I thought he might have noticed us but here it was just the unexpected.