"It looks pretty," Ben says when we stand back and admire our work. 

"It does doesn't it?" I respond, wrapping my arms around his waist and leaning into him. He puts an arm over my shoulder. 

"So what do you want for Christmas anyways?" he asks me. 

I sigh. "I already have everything I need," I tell him honestly. 

"That's needing though. Want is different than needing something," 

"I don't know. What do you want?"

"Nothing. I already have you," 

"How can you expect me to tell you what I want if you can't even do the same?" I ask. 

Ben pauses. "Touche. I'm still going to get you something though," he says. 

I huff. "Then I'm going to get you something as well," I say almost as if it's a threat. 

Ben and I break apart and go to the kitchen, foraging for food. We settle on making some honey mustard chicken, rice and broccoli. Ben claims it's his grandmas specialty and he swears he can make it just as good as she can. 

I hear my phone go off as Ben is telling me all about this recipe. 

"Excuse me," I say. I pick up the phone. "Hello?"

"I'm going to email you a link. Please tune in and watch it," the voice of Graham King tells me. I furrow my eyebrows. 

"Is everything okay?" I ask. 

"Yes. I had received word about this a while ago and I knew about it for quite some time but honestly I forgot you were new to the movie world. Just tune in please," 

My laptop by chance is on the counter that I am sitting at. I open it up and go to my emails. I open Graham's email and click on the link which takes me to a live stream from the Golden Globes. I don't understand why he wants me to watch this, but seeing the word 'nominations' peaks my interest. 

"Do you think we're eligible?" I ask Graham through the phone. 

"We're definitely eligible. It's just a matter of if we'll be nominated for anything. Just because I liked the film doesn't mean others will. I mean you saw the critics reviews," Graham tells me. 

Oh I saw the reviews. And it's bullshit. 

"What are you watching?" Ben asks, taking his eyes off the stove. 

"Golden Globe nominations," I tell him. He quickly comes over and joins my side, eager to see the nominations. 

"It's coming up," Graham says quietly. As the nominations for Best Director come and go, Graham mutters curses under his breath. "I was hoping you'd have been nominated," he tells me.  

I smile. "I wasn't the original director on the film," I remind him. "It would have been controversial and besides. I got my name on the movie credits as Director and Executive Producer. I already won in that sense. I don't need an award,"

Graham sighs. "That was a bitch and a half to get your name under director," he says. 

This summer was rough. I had taken Bryan to court so my name would be on the movie as Director. He was not pleased by any means and threatened to come back even harder, whatever that means. 

The nominations continue with supporting actor and actress, then leading actor and actress. 

"Best performance by an actor in a motion picture, drama," one of the hosts says, reading off the list. "Bradley Cooper, A Star is Born," 

"Great movie," I mutter. 

"It really was," Ben agrees. 

We saw it in theaters recently. I cried like a baby and Ben was no comfort because he cried too. Possibly even more than I did. We were a wreck. 

"John David Washington, Black Kkklansman," the host continues. "Lucas Hedges, Boy Erased. William Dafoe, At Eternity's Gate. Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody,"

Ben, Graham and I cheer as loud as we possibly can.

"Well deserved!" Graham cheers. 

I can't wait to call Rami and tell him the good news. Unless he is already watching, but I still plan on calling him. 

"Best motion picture, drama," the host continues, causing us all to tune in again. I find it hard to stay still and quiet, but I need to. "A Star is Born. Black Panther. Black Kkklansman. If Beale Street Could Talk. Bohemian Rhapsody," 

And there it is. The cheering continues. I nearly drop my phone as Ben and I embrace tightly, nearly knocking the wind out of me. 

"I'm going to go call Jim. You call Rami and let Brian and Roger know," Graham tells me. 

We exchange goodbyes, leaving Ben and I to hug for a little longer. 

"I knew you created something great," Ben tells me. I kiss his cheek. 

"We created something great," I remind him. "It's not just a me show. There were so many people involved," 

I'm giddy with excitement and happiness. I need to tell everyone. I need to call Rami and let him know. I need to tell Lucy, Joe, Gwilym, Allen. I need to tell Brian and Roger. I even think I'll give Deaky a ring. 

Golden Globes, here we come. 

Love Of My Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें