Part 3

We have to do a lab in science and create an experiment with our lab partners. The teacher was calling out the partners.

"Libby and Michael"

"Mary and Jake"

"Christina and Leo"

I had the biggest crush on Hayes. We sat next to each other in math class and we talked a lot in the hallways. Wait no. I couldn't like him. I don't have a chance with him anyway. He would never like me. These thoughts kept rushing through my head. I hope I'm not his partner, but with my luck I probably will be. It did seem to be going girls with boys.

"Tina and Brian"

"Kelly," here it comes, "and Tommy"

Yes! I wasn't his partner!

"And last but not least we have Maddie and Hayes. Now, if you have a problem with your partner, come and see me after class and I can see what I can do."

Class was over and I definitely did not go and see him, however two people did. It was Hayes and Tommy. I had this horrible feeling in my gut because all I could think about was them switching partners and me being with Hayes.

I came home from school and started to work on my homework. That night I had a dream about Hayes. I was starting to really like him, and I did want to be his partner, but I couldn't or else I would be bullied.