Meeting God (Dean x Reader)

Season 11 Spoilers! :) 

Meeting God definitely didn't happen everyday. He's been gone for hundreds upon thousands of years and just now shows up to help with his sister. Sammy was ecstatic, he couldn't be happier that God had finally come forward. Dean and I were pretty much the polar opposite. Dean was just in shock, and underneath that he was angry. I was in a similar mood to Dean furious, yet terrified. I wanted to speak, yell, cry, get my frustrations out but he was God. So, I decided to just stay quiet. Sit close to Dean and watch as Sam and God spoke. 

"I'm getting the feeling that not everyone is on board," God spoke as he turned toward Dean and I. I just flinched away and cuddled into Dean's shoulder, I didn't really want to talk to the almighty right now. Dean sighed and put his hand on the back of my neck in a protective manner.

"You've been gone for thousands of years," Dean whispered. "People pray to you, they build huge churches for you, we fight wars in your name. Yet, you sat back and did nothing. Writing books and going to fan conventions. Things haven't gotten better to me, I don't understand your point of view." When Dean finished he had a few tears running down his face. 

"And (Y/N)," God spoke and moved a little closer to me. I just shook my head a let a couple tears fall, trying to get closer to Dean.

"(Y/N) there is no need for fear. I know you're frustrated that's why I'm here," God tried to reason with me. Dean gently pushed me up off his shoulder and toward God and I finally looked up at him.

"People die horribly, shootings, wars, plagues, natural disasters, I just don't understand. I know that humanity is its own thing and you can't hold our hand and that we have free will, but you do nothing. Not even a little nudge in the right direction. Like Dean said, you just sat back writing books. I'm just having a really hard time wrapping my head around all of this." I finished my mini rant and fell back into Dean, mentally exhausted.

"(Y/N) I know you've had a hard time but do not blame that on me, it's just part of everything." God told me and then went back by Sam on the other side of the room. "All that aside I'm here primarily about my sister, which you let out by the way. I'll be back tomorrow, it's late. All of you should try and get some rest," and just like that God, Chuck, was gone. 

"Night Sam," I mumbled and starting to get up before Dean stopped me. "I got you, sweetheart." Dean whispered and wrapped his arms around my shoulders and legs. "Hang in there (Y/N)," Sam smiled and walked away to his room. "Dean you don't have to carry me," I giggled. 

"No but I'm going to." When we got up to our room Dean tossed me onto the bed like a little child and I squealed. "Dean seriously?" I laughed and he grinned ridiculously wide. "What is it you dork?" "I just wanted to hear you laugh, no way my girl is going to sleep after a disheartening conversation like that."

I just rolled my eyes and smiled at him. "Thank you Dean Winchester, now get your cute ass over here. I'm missing an adorable green eyed crazy that's usually here."

Dean smiled and immediately climbed in next to me, pulling me over to him.

There was a comfortable as we just laid there together, his arm around me and my face buried up into his neck. The longer I laid there though the more I thought about the talk with God and tears came before I could really stop them. Dean's hand which had been running up and down my arm came to a stop when he felt the tears. "Those better not be what I think they are baby girl." "Sorry," I sniffled and wiped them away. "It's just I've always believed in God. My religion and my beliefs has been the thing that's gotten me through a fair share of my life. And now that I've met him, he's just not at all what I expected. I thought he was going to have this incredible story to justify his absence and come to fix everything, it's hard."

And again the tears were falling when I finished talking.

"I know, it's pretty insane for me too. I'm a little jealous of Sam he's taking it so easily. I promise you though it's all gonna work out one way or another. If I had to guess Chuck is gonna help us with Amara and then he's going to leave again, things will go back to normal for us. And as far as your beliefs go that's up to you, but believe in me. Believe in the black sheep of the family yours truly Dean Winchester. I swore to love and protect you and that's still very much true." Dean grabbed my jaw and leaned to kiss me.

"What happened to no chick flick moments?," I whispered when we broke apart.

" Eh you're the exception I love you," Dean looked down at me. "Love you too," I mumbled and snuggled into the warmth coming from his neck. "Night sweetheart," Dean kissed my forehead and I fell asleep worrying about everything but Dean Winchester always made things just a bit better.