"I- Max?" My voice comes out quieter than I expected as my eyes meet the familiar brown one's I hoped I'd never have to look at again. He smiles and shoves his hands in his pockets nonchalantly.   

"In the flesh." I roll my eyes, clutching my bag and walking around him. He grabs ahold of my wrist, pulling me back towards him. My back presses against the wall of lockers as his hands find their way against the wall on either side of my head. "Not so fast, Liv-"   

"Do not call me that." I spit, my jaw clenched. He sighs.   

"Fine, Olivia. Anyway, what do you say we get out of here, huh? You know that I'm sorry about how things went down. Why don't we forget about everything that happened and start over?" I shake my head.   

"What, so you can start another rumor about me when I don't put out for you? No thanks." His smile fades and he pulls out his phone. My eyes read over the fake text messages he created between us as he holds them in front of my face.   

"Would be a real shame if these got sent out to the entire school." He growls, setting up a group text with the entire school and hovering his thumb over the send button. Is he really trying to blackmail me? Without thinking, I quickly grab his phone and squeeze, the screen shattering and going black as I crush it with minimal effort. Soon, the entire phone is bent in half and Max is staring in awe.   

"Maybe think twice next time about messing with me, huh?" His eyes darken and his hands slither down to my waist.

"You should think twice about smashing things that don't belong to you." I can feel his breath on my face, sending a shiver down my spine. My body freezes up, just like in detention. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've spent so long building up these walls just so they can crumble when he comes rolling back into my life.   

Suddenly his lips are on mine and I feel disgusting. I finally regain control as I shove him off of me. He stumbles back, smirking at me. Why did I have to get myself into this mess? My eyes gloss over and I glare at him, wanting so badly to punch him in his asshole face.   

"Come on, babe. You know you miss me."   

"I will never miss you, dick." The last word comes out laced with venom and pain. I push myself off of the lockers and head down the stair case with my head held down. Something catches my arm and I go to tear it away but find Jason staring down at me with confusion and concern swimming through his ocean blue eyes.   

"What happened?" He asks, his hands coming up to my face. His thumbs brush the few tears that slipped out away from my face and I look down.   

"It's, uh... a story for another time." Jason nods, glancing up and catching Kim as she walks up the stairs. He pulls her off to the side too and sighs, lowering his voice so that the people walking by don't hear him.

"Am I crazy, or is this crazy?" He asks, looking between the two of us. We both nod.   

"It's crazy." Kim mumbles, glancing around. Her eyes land on the jacket I'm wearing and I hope she doesn't think anything happened between me and Jason.   

"We got hit by a train, and we're standing here. How is that possible?"   

"I don't remember getting home from the mine at all, and my car was in the driveway this morning when I damn well know I left it at her house." I say, pointing my thumb at Kim. "I slept all day yesterday."   

"We gotta find Billy." Jason grabs my hand and pulls me behind him, Kim following shortly. I catch her glancing at our hands and I shrug at her.

We all head into the cafeteria and Kim goes to get Billy from the table he's at. It looks like he's gathered a group of followers for some reason. I hope he didn't do anything stupid. Jason and I stand off to the side, his hand still tightly clasped around mine.