Chapter 5

(I had some time to spare, so I'm updating this now 🙂)

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a few days since I left rias. I've just been wandering all over the place, in search of answers. Unfortunately, the only devils I sense in the area are Rias and her peerage, and the only fallen angles are the ones that resurrected me. I need to find angels, or anybody from heaven. I know that I could trust them. If their still around, that is. For all I know, heaven could have fallen by now, angels along with it. I've always had strong faith in everything, but it's hard to find hope when I'm in a situation like this. I have no home, nowhere to go. I have no money, and no food. I'm merely living off spare change that some generous people have given me. My clothes? I'm still in my armour. It's not very comfortable to sleep in, but I don't trust this new world I have awoken in. I sleep with my sword by my side. And this food.... they are all very strange and exotic. There are lists of food above some stores, and I don't recognize any of it. I've only been eating hamburgers, as it's the only food I'm familiar with now. I pray every night, praying that God watches over me. Maybe that's the only reason why I'm still alive. But who knows, maybe I'm just lucky. Right now, I'm walking through a small town. It's near the school that Rias stays at. I've gotten some strange looks, maybe because of my armour. It seems that the clothing people wear these days has changed a lot. But the most shocking thing of all, are these big things on wheels. It's like a chariot, but extremely different. They are loud, and don't have any horses pulling them. It's like it's magic. And I've seen entire families in them, with one person commandeering it in the front seat. But at least, everything seems peaceful. That is, how ever, until I see a house that has its door open. I'm in need of money, and I plan on asking people for more donations. Maybe if I help whoever is inside, he could spare some. I head to the and knock, hoping to get the owners attention. But something seems off. There is a smell. A smell that I was hoping to never come across again. The scent of blood. I grab my sword off my back and enter the house, quietly. As soon as I enter, the dreadful smell gets much worse. I continue through the house, and I head through another door. This one reveals what is creating the scent. There is a mangled body of a man against the wall, blood splattered all over the place. It's a horrific sight, but it doesn't distract me from the approaching footsteps behind me.
I turn around just in time to block an attack from a sword. I kick the attacker away, and get into a battle stance. I was hoping that there would be no more conflict. But it seems that some things never change.

Y/N: Yield!

???: Oooooooh, is that a devil wearing the armour of a holy knight? My my, who are you?

Y/N: Y/N L/N, a knight who serves God, and only God!

???: Strange, your a devil. Why would you help your enemy?

Y/N: I didn't choose to become one. Now lower your weapon!

???: I'm afraid I can't do that. I can't let you leave, you've seen to much, hahahahaha!!!

He swings his sword at me again, and I roll out of the way. As I roll, I strike at his leg, causing him to get put off balance. I half-sword, and use the hilt of my weapon to hit him in his head, effectively stunning him. I kick him to the floor, and hold my sword to his neck.

Y/N: Surrender, and I shall spare your life.

He just smiles.

???: You thought it would be over so quickly? We've only just beGUN!

He pulls out a strange item from his coat, and points it towards me. The item makes a loud bang and in sent back. It seems to have launched a projectile at me, just like a cannon.

???: What, never seen a gun before? Haha

Y/N: A gun.... no I have not.

He stops laughing and looks at me.