Grumpy - Asra X Reader

Asra's POV

Y/N had been acting really weird as of late. She slept later, grumbled when I asked her to do something, and she'd been ignoring me.

I know she gets upset when I leave but I haven't made plans to leave for at least another 2 months.

Today, I had been teaching her a charm to seal a wound. Usually she looked at me with wonder in her eyes but today she just stared at the floor with a blank expression.

"Are...Are you okay Y/N?" I turned my body towards her.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine," She said, softly.

"I know you, you're not fine, what's the matter?" I leaned to meet her gaze. She turned to me with a slightly surprised look on her face. She sighed in defeat.

"It's just...am I anything other than an apprentice to you? I mean, do you even consider me your friend?"

"Of course I do! You're my best friend Y/N," I exclaimed. She looked away. I caught a glance of her eyes which started to water.

"I know it's just....whatever. I have to go," She stood up and ran out of the shop.

I ran to the door and tried to stop her but she just kept running her I couldn't see her h/c hair in the crowd. I sighed and pursed my lips. I guess people need alone time and I knew she hated crying in front of people. But she was usually fine crying in front of me. I didn't understand but I had to let it be. She needed to come back when she felt she could.

I was sitting on the sofa reading a book when the door creaked open. I looked up and saw Y/N's red puffy face. I threw my book down and rushed to hug her. I pulled away quickly though and made sure she wasn't hurt.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine, Asra. I just needed to think," She said. I nodded and lead her to the sofa. We sat down together.

"Asra, I know I'll probably end up sounding stupid but I need to get this off of my chest," She sighed. "I've been grumpy because I don't like being treated like your apprentice anymore even though I am. I just...god this is so stupid, I have a crush on you," She shifted her gaze to her lap. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to me.

"I know,"

She pulled away quickly and looked flustered.

"You know?!"

I chuckled and took her hand.

"I read your diary," She looked at me in worried surprise again. "Just kidding, but I know how you look at me when you think I'm not looking, it's okay Y/N. I have a crush on you too,"

"Y-you do?"

"I have since I met you,"

Her face lit up with glee and she knocked me over with a hug. I hugged her back and smiled fondly.

"I love you, Asra," She mumbled into my shoulder.

"I love you too, but you have a lot of work to catch up on while you were being grumpy this week,"

"Aagh really?" She asked, sitting up.

"Yes, really," I answered, also sitting up. She looked away but she flashed me a smile.

"Alright, I guess I'm fine with whatever as long as I'm with you," She said. And I nodded, not because I understood, but because I agreed.

A/N

Hello lovely readers, this one was written in the span of like all of today so I hope y'all like it.

This story was requested by the lovely DatKittyCorn , thank you for requesting! I'm so sorry it took so long for me to get it out but I hope you enjoyed it!

I'll have the rest of the requests out really soon, thank you guys for reading, voting, commenting, and sharing!

xoxo

TJ