Chapter 2: Hogwarts and Dreams

Erin's POV

We got out of the train and made our way to Hogwarts. It was beautiful... And we didn't all have to wear the same blue dress and hats. Hermione told me they would sort the first years and then have the feast. Dumbledore told me to just sit with Hermione and the Gryffindor table. People gave me weird looks, probably cause I wasn't sorted and I was just sitting there in regular unsorted robes. I looked up to the table where the Headmaster was eating and saw a man with black hair to his shoulders and all black robes, staring at me. As soon as he noticed I was looking at him, he looked away.

"Hermione, who's the man dressed all in black?" I asked turning back around to face her

"That is," She turned to look at the table, "Professor Snape, he is our potions teacher."

"Oh." I said quietly

After the first years got sorted, the feast began. I wasn't very hungry, so I didn't eat. It felt weird to be here, after 4 years of Beauxbatons, it's just weird to wear something that isn't all matchy. I headed to Dumbledore's office with McGonagall, and when I walked in he greeted me with a smile. I sat down on a stool and McGonagall grabbed the sorting hat to put on my head.

"Hm, this one is very interesting" Said the sorting hat "Should be, Slytherin!"

Dumbledore clapped and said "Congrats, Erin. I will call professor Snape to show you to your common room, he is head of Slytherin house."

"I figured as much" I said as I chuckled

"You must be hungry," said Dumbledore, "I know you didn't eat at all."

"I'm fine, I wasn't feeling good..."

"I know about your home life. How you mom only acts like she cares whenever your dad isn't around, and when he is around he neglects you or hits you. It is none of my business but if you ever need to talk about it, you know where my office is." He said while smiling

"You needed me, Headmaster?" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see it was Snape. His voice matched his looks, and honestly is was quite... hot. Erin! He is a Professor, don't think like that!

"Yes, I need you to show Ms. Smith around. She has been sorted into Slytherin." Dumbledore said as he smiled

"Yes, Headmaster." Snape said

"Erin here is quite smart, she had passed all of her classes with flying colours last year. I suppose she will do especially good in potions, seeing that is her favorite subject." Said Dumbledore

"Is that so?" Asked Snape

"I love potions, it just intrigues me." I said while looking at Snape

After talking about potions with Snape for 10 more minutes, which he seemed surprised at me knowing so much, he showed me to the common room and showed me my room. My roommate was Daphne Greengrass, all she said to me was, "Hello" and then left.

"She is not the kind to be friendly, she will warm up to you." Snape said.

"Alright, I haven't gotten a schedule. Do I get that from you or?"

"You will get one tomorrow, today we are letting the kids socialize and do quidditch tryouts. Do you plan on playing? I heard you were very good at that at Beauxbatons." He said cautiously

"I mean, I should tryout to just see.. but I don't know. Everyone expected me to play because of my brothers, so I just played so they wouldn't be disappointed." I said as I drifted off

"Well, you know where the quidditch pitch is, tryouts are all week, Ms. Smith" He said as he left and closed my door.

I headed down to meet Hermione and the rest

"Hey, Erin!" Draco said as he hugged me, nicely, I hugged him back and then we both let go. He looked at me like he was going to kiss me. I backed away and said "Hello".

"Congrats on getting Slytherin, Draco won't feel so alone now." Said Harry, I laughed and looked at Draco, he looked mad and was beet red. "Were about to go to Hagrid's to see how he was doing, care to join us, Erin?" Ron said. "I'd love to" I said then smiled

Hagrid's Hut

"Hello, Hagrid!" Hermione said as she hugged him. "Hello dearie, who is your new friend here?" He said as he looked at me. "That is Erin Smith, she is here from Paris." Draco said. "Nice to meet ya, Erin." Hagrid said and held out his hand, I assumed he wanted me to shake it, so I acted as I was and he pulled me into a hug and said "Were all family here, Erin." and laughed, all the others started laughing as did I. Hogwarts is already growing on me

It was night time so we headed back and I was walking with Draco and Snape turned around the corner. "Out past curfew are we?" Snape said. "We lost track of time Professor, it won't happen again, I promise." I said then smiled slightly. "It is, quite alright. Do not let it happen again, Ms. Smith, you either Mr. Malfoy." he said as he walked away. Me and Draco went to our common room and parted ways. I went to my room and Daphne wasn't in there, so I grabbed pajamas and took a shower. When I walked out, Daphne was in bed already asleep. I shrugged it off and went to bed.

Dream..

"Professor Snape... I"

"Shh, it's okay. No one will find out..." he said as he kissed me gently. I leaned more into the kiss and it ended up being really aggressive. I started to take my shirt off and unbutton his, trying not to break the kiss. He looked at me and said "Ms. Smith!" and kept repeating it. Then I woke up

I gasped as I woke up and looked around to see Hermione and Draco. Why were they in my room?

"Were going to be late, Erin!" Hermione said and threw my schedule at me, all of us apparently had the same classes. "Harry and Ron are already in class, get dressed and come one. I'll wait for her Draco, you can go ahead." She said and Draco nodded and left. I quickly got dressed, but as I was dressing I was thinking about my dream and was confused to why I thought about Snape like that. I came back to reality and ran out of the common room. Me and Hermione dashed to transfiguration and hoped McGonagall didn't mind we were a little late. When we got there she told us to take our seats and we did. She didn't seem too mad that were late, but Hermione acted like it was the end of the world. We had Herbology next with Professor Sprout, I kind of chuckled at the name because Herbology and Sprout were in the same category of... never mind. I just thought it was funny, the mandrake made Neville Longbottom pass out.

"Looks like Mr. Longbottom neglected his earmuffs to protect the sound." said Sprout. "No ma'am, he was wearing them, he just fainted." Said another 5th year in Hufflepuff. "Not again, Mr. Longbottom. He does this every year..." Said the Professor, she had someone take him to the infirmary, he should be fine. We had DADA, (Defense against the dark arts) which was harder to find for some odd reason. Lupin had us cast Ridiculus on a Boggart when it showed us our fears. Someone was afraid of Professor Snape, and it made me laugh. When it was my turn, the boggart turned into my father... Of course no one else would get it, except Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Draco. I cast the spell and he turned into a clown, I felt relieved and sighed. When I was walking to my last class potions I thought about the dream I had. Professor Snape and I... doing stuff, I had never thought about anyone romantically, I've had boyfriends at Beauxbatons but I just dated them because I liked them, I've only kissed like 3 guys, that isn't a lot compared to other people but still. I never thought about... sex with anyone before and that dream brought my mind to places that I never thought I'd see.

"Erin?" Ron said

"What? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. Lost in my thoughts" I laughed lightly

"It's only the second day and you are already drifting off in thought? I'm ashamed, Erin" Laughed Hermione. "I'm only joking, what were you thinking about?"

"Just a weird dream I had," I sighed, "It was something that happened at Beauxbatons" I lied.

"Well we should hurry to potions" She said.

Yay... I get to see the person I was fanaticizing about.. I wonder how this will go

End of chapter

Hope you guys enjoy!! Will Erin focus in class or will she be distracted by the dream she had last night? Find out whenever I write a new chapter. Please like and recommend to anyone who likes these kind of books :) Hope you guys have a swell day.