Chapter One

Chapter One Jack

"Sir..." 

"Yes Prof. Jack?" 

"It is ready..." 

"All of them?" 

"No sir, only one." 

"Which one?" 

"X387KDJ." 

"Jack, I must remind you this, because you are the only one who understand which one that und-" 

"GMH 1." 

"Please, something unscientific for once." 

"Well Commander Tomas, I am a scientist." 

"Why sure you are, otherwise I wouldn't have hired you. Now, how soon can you deploy, um..." 

"X387KDJ. Well, Andrew has named him Jack." 

"Named after you? Good, after all, you took so much care to create him." 

"But sir, are you sure of his deployment? I mean he is fit for battle, I must say, but not 100% ready for the things you want him to perfor-" 

"Jack, must I remind you, we are losing. Our soldiers are constantly struggling to win battles. Also, the job will be easier for or little experiment once his brothers are done too." 

"Fine, I'll send him into battle as soon as possible." 

As Jack walked down the long corridor, making large heavy footsteps, he turned to a strange noise. Metal scraping, almost like... claws trying too- Then, Jack realized what the sound was, and he screamed, "ZOMBIYAS!" He ran toward the alarm trying to alert the soldiers. Trying to escape from the viscous red-eyed monsters, he quickly ran. A yard away from the button, he was knocked down and scratched by a dark-green humanoid figure. As he tried to push it off with all his strength, he finally did, he leaped toward the button and pressed it, waiting. Unfortunately, he didn't have enough time, so he dashed for his laboratory, urgently needing to unleash the power that was cooped up in there. Soon after his escape, thirty or so soldiers rushed down the small hallway firing their weapons in all directions. Their bullets met the slow demons, knocking them back little by little. These monsters, native to the planet, can withstand thousands of hits and have considerable amounts of strength. Claws vs. Bullets, who would win, certainly an interesting question on this planet. As soon as the soldiers were on their last round of ammo for their weapons, a whole new wave hit them. Forced to go hand to hand, the soldiers were killed quickly. Blood splattered against the walls and soldiers screamed in terror. Men and women were lost until the last twelve soldiers were finally blessed with reinforcements.  

At least ten more soldiers arrived, armed with better guns and more ammo. They handed the first group of soldiers more magazines, covering them with suppression fire. "You guys, stay here! Doc Jack said he is sending help!" A man screamed, struggling to yell over the ear-piercing sounds. They were anxious to get the reinforcements. They were struggling, holed up in that cramped space, 22 people trapped in a small area, surrounded on both sides. The bullets whizzed by, barely scratching the approaching threat. The Zombiyas, seemingly oblivious to the pain, came closer and closer, threatening to kill the warriors. Hopefully, reinforcements will come before they died. The hall was cluttered with living things and trash. The dull, gray steel laid around the broken wall, resembling a crumpled piece of paper, and the few green bodies on the floor, accompanied by the dead or injured bodies of their comrades.

As they were making a stand, there was a flash of blinding light, stunning them for a minute or so. All they heard were muffled sounds, and they were beginning to feel dizzy and weak. Only loud roars could be heard. On the other hand, the only thing that concerned them was what that light was. As they ponder, there senses were slowly given back. When they regained some of their sight, though it was still blurry, they could see the outline of a dark figure. The silhouette had the speed of a tiger, and the strength of a wild boar. One-by-one, the Zombiyas numbers slowly dissolved, and their green blood was shed. Then, the attack ceased, with the horrible smell of rotting flesh slowly welcoming itself to the area, and with the smell, came flies. Gallons of it were splashed against the walls, and it dripped down, from the ceiling, down to the floor. Drip, drip, drip, the ceiling was stained, possibly forever. The soldiers, finally aware of their surroundings, put on their gas masks before they threw up from the horrible stench. They breathed slowly, tired from the battle. Meanwhile, slowly, as the figure came closer, the team saw the weapons the person was carrying. They were surprised to see what they were. He had no armor, no guns, not even shoes, absolutely nothing but ragged pants and a long green colored knife.