The Ball ~ 5

The song above is what Ebony will be singing at the Entrance Ball, don't play it 'till you get there though! Why is the Lord of the Rings soundtrack so perfect?

  This chapter will be packed with surprises!

  Now, on with the story! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

  I got it! For the 'Opening Exam' at the Entrance Ball tomorrow, I would sing.

  I spent hours working on the lyrics and tempo 'till it sounded perfect.

  There was a knock at my door that interrupted my musical daze. I opened the door to see Madisón and Charlotte waiting outside. 

  "So, a certain Lennard told me you've been napping and singing all day today. Is that what you do before every Ball. If that's the case, you need to get yourself together. Now, me and Charlotte just wanting to check what time you wanted us to come by tomorrow."

  I take a look at Madisón and see that she's wearing a blue dress and half the laces in the front of her dress are unlaced. Typical Madisón. As for Charlotte, who's wearing a modest yellow dress accompanied by a cream color.

  "18:00 sharp tomorrow."

  "Sounds perfect! Okay, bye!" 

  Madisón sashays her way to her rooms, man eater to the end it would seem.

----------------------------------------------------------------

  The day of the Entrance Ball arrives, and all of the suitors are on their nerves. Never have I seen so many females running around in a frantic daze.

  I stretch and check the time on the grand oak clock near my closet. It was 05:00. The perfect time to train, in both deadly and musical arts. 

  The memory of the Prince- Damian, fills my mind. Would he be there? That infuriating arse- I need to calm down. Training, an ice cold bath, and then preparing for the Ball. Perfect.

  I sit down on the edge of the bed, taking time to admire the ornate carvings in the wooden frame. I look down at my necklace, the one my mother gave, and see it intertwined with the emerald leaf from my grandmother. How odd is it that they would fit together so... perfectly. 

  I grab a pair of tight leather breeches and some iron-toed boots, slipping on a loose, white blouse with brown laces. My hair, still affected by the prolonging spell, seemed eerily silky. I grabbed a silver, silk ribbon and arrange my hair into a bun.

  Being caught in the training grounds was no longer a problem, as most ladies went to spy on guards training during the day. I had a strange feeling Madisón would be there. Somehow.

  I would have to do the training part in secret, which meant I'd have to wear a gown when I arrived. 

  I settled with a laced brown dress, embroidered with gold symbols. Magical symbols, which those who aren't daft will notice. The brown in the dress would blend with the white of my tunic, which would require no magic to disguise it.

  I slip my knives into a brown robe provided by the castle. Sneaking out to train at night would be reasonably harder when I am introduced to my handmaidens. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

  The hallways of the palace are eerily quiet considering it was only 06:00, but today was an exception. The only sound anyone could hear is the bustling of servants preparing for the Ball.