"Is this why you wanted to give me a ride back home?" She asks. She doesn't sound mad or outraged, she just sounds as if she just genuinely wants to know. I immediately shake my head with vigor.

"No, absolutely not!" I tell her. "I just wanted to, whatever you actually want to come back home with me or not..." I honestly tell her. She gives me a soft smile but her eyes just look sad, dead, somehow.

"It's not going to happen..." she slowly shakes her head. "Ever," she adds right after. She keeps her eyes out of the window, away from my sight, and I wonder what's going through her mind. I had rarely been turned down and I wasn't expecting to be turned down by her, in particular... just because I had thought she liked me, after today. I can't help but let the disappointment show through my face, as I look back at her.

"Is it because you have a boyfriend?" I realize how I haven't even asked her. She turns toward me again and lets out an amused laugh as she shakes her head.

"No..." she then says.

"You're a lesbian?" I ask her right after, deciding to keep everything into consideration. She lets out a chuckle and shrugs her shoulders.

"Who knows... according to Freud we're all born bisexuals, actually," she looks at me with a grin on her lips. "It's the psychological development that turns us monosexual, even if the bisexuality stays latent."

"Do you often start talking about psychology when trying to avoid talking about something you don't want to talk about?" I ask her, trying hard to hide what I'm feeling right now too. She bites her lips, clearly nervous by how easy it was to figure it out. She sighs and just brings her eyes back on me again.

"Most of the time..." she admits, slowly nodding her head.

"Am I the problem?" I ask her. She sighs, obviously exhausted by the conversation and everything that went on today as a whole.

"No, it's me... you wouldn't understand," she tells me, passing her hands through her red hair with exasperation. She takes a deep breath and then she relaxes again against her seat.

"Why don't you try me?"

"Because you're not my friend!" She raises her voice, turning her head toward me. "We're just working together, today meant nothing... you mean nothing!" She almost attacks me and, for a second, I wonder if she's trying to convince me or herself. She gulps, quickly regretting her words because, she knows, she's exposed herself to me too much. She's showed me more than what she intended to, behind her facade made of sharp sarcasm and detached attitude. "I can walk from here!" She quickly says, not giving me the time to reply. She just jumps out of the car, not waiting for the light to turn green with me, and I'm just left here... speechless.

Charlene Whelan

I had been stupid. A complete idiot.

I don't know what's going on. I had never really let anyone get near enough to get to know me and, in the same way, I had never gotten the chance to actually get to know someone. Unwillingly, I have gotten to know Harry during the next two days and, for some reason, I constantly find myself thinking about him. I had spent a whole day with him today with nothing anguishing on my mind, I didn't have any panic attack and I had felt good.

For the first time ever I had even considered sleeping with someone out of pure desire. Or maybe curiosity. I had wondered what it would've felt like. It scares me the idea of finding out.

I had arrived back home, running, in only five minutes. I had closed the door behind me and I had tried to get him far away from me and out of my damn mind.