Chapter 4: The Flowers Quietly Scatter

"Miss Aoi, do you mind heading over to Miss Asai and request her to stamp this application form?"

Upon hearing Tsuyako's request, Aoi's petite body shivered, not knowing what to do. Honoka in turn was packing her uniform for the culture festival, looking on.

"Eh...but."

The lowered eyelashes covered her eyes, and she sealed her peach-colored lips, pondering seriously

"Mr. Akagi was just summoned by Miss Asai over the PA system. You must be feeling worried, right?"

Tsuyako said this, revealing an alluring smile.

Honoka too was taken aback, sensing that these words were said for her.

(I-I, won't be so worried about Akagi...I haven't been talking to him for quite a while, and I've been trying my best to avoid eye contact with him...)

But for some reason, whenever the image appeared in her mind, that of the red, ruffled, messy hair, the sharp eyes, the boy with his back arched, her heart would flutter in angst.

(Akagi...probably thinks I'm ignoring her...I kept clinging to him, causing him much trouble. While Akagi became a committee member of the culture festival, all busy over the culture festival, I slacked off and went back. He's definitely angry at me now...I feel like I'm no longer that reliable Heliotrope...)

—You're really a good person.

—It's great to have you around, Shikibu..

Surely those were not words to be spoken to a girl. He did not comprehend a girl's heart, merely jesting.

But even so, whenever she thought of how she was trusted by Koremitsu, her cheeks would inadvertently broil, and the more she thought of him, the more she would swirl around on the swivel chair.

(Even though we're classmates, I'm happy exchanging messages with Akagi, going to the pool with him.)

She could no longer converse with Koremitsu as she did before.

—You're lying, Hono. You really like Mr. Akagi, don't you?

It was after school, in the empty classroom, when Michiru went straight to the point, causing her heart to wince in bitterness.

She instinctively denied Michiru's words.

—Th-that's not true! Didn't I say so many times already that he and I are just classmates?

And with forlorn eyes, Michiru stared at Honoka, so impudent in defending herself. She then sputtered and shivered, saying,

—Then, please don't be so nice with Mr. Akagi in front of him. Don't tease him. Don't talk to Mr. Akagi with a red face. Don't worry over Mr. Akagi. If you don't like him...pl-please don't get in my way...

Michiru, who used to be tentative about aggravating others, and would never state obstinate matters no matter how maligned she felt, actually stated her thoughts clearly, not shunning from Honoka's eyes. The latter was completely crushed by Michiru.

—Okay...

And she nodded stiffly.

Michiru heaved a sigh of relief, and then, with a teary look, she turned her back on Honoka, departing alone.

Honoka was left alone, and pricking kept striking her chest, regret and guilt conflicted within her.

She was Michiru's friend, and yet she lied to the latter.

"Hanachirusato" - Hikaru ga Chikyuu ni Itakoro......(Volume 8)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara