“N-no it’s not that. Just some family troubles.”

“So we are on the same vessel! Do tell…”

On the same vessel? Well, it’s not gonna hurt telling her my woes. Maybe she can help me….MAYBE…

So I told her everything from the Hyraluk stash to the hooded figure. She was playing with her food the whole time, which made me slightly annoyed. I was surprised she was actually listening.

“So my friend thinks I should confront them… ”

“What?! NO!!!”

“Wha?”

“Steak them out. Do a little more snooping. Do you honestly think that they would tell the truth to you judging as to how shady their actions are?”

She was right on that one.

“Your parents are probably some sort of creepy cult members or criminal masterminds. No offense.”

“None taken.  So how about your problems?”

“Intrigued I see.”

“Tell you what, I’ll stick to your advice IF you tell me about your problem.”

“DEAL! I love it when people look up to me.”

Sigh…

She took one last bite of her roll and started.

“My father is sort of this extreme perfectionist who wants everyone to see how much of a perfect being her daughter is. He makes me do all those stuff to prove it and when I fuck up, he belittles me. I used to have close friend who was the only person there for me. WAS.”

“Why, what happened?”

“I was supposed to perform in front of all these people my dad calls his friends. Everything went well until I choked mid-performance. My dad was livid. He shouted at me in front of everyone and left me crying. My friend went after him and so did I. The next thing I knew was my friend cuddling up to my dad who was sniveling…”

I put down my frappe, knowing that she was holding back tears.

“Why can’t my dad be like that to me? And what does my friend have that I don’t for him to hug her like that…”

An awkward silence. I decided to break it up.

“Your dad is an asshole. Children should be treated with love not some kind of puppets or jewelry for display. I hope someday your dad comes to realization that he has a wonderful daughter that may sometimes be a pain in the temple but all in all a beautiful one inside out.”

She smiled at my remark. I felt accomplished somehow.

“So, about your friend?”

“What about her?”

“Have you talked to her about it?” Realizing the friend was a girl.

She just looked down, as if her foot were the most interesting things in the world.

“I have a really strong feeling that your friend  was trying to knock some sense into your dad. Maybe you two should talk it out.”

“It’s too late, I’ve made her miserable… Which is sort of I don’t get. I’ve constantly abused her but she never once retaliated and has never told on me to my father. ”

“Sounds like she knows you misunderstood and she’s trying to repair what you two once had. She still thinks of you as a friend even though you turned on her.”

“When did you become a friendship guru?”

“When you have a kooky friend like mine, it’s sort of a given.”

We both laughed. It was nice getting to know about her and vice versa. I just really hope she follows my advice as much as I follow hers. I keep my word you know. We spent the last 30 minutes talking about generic stuff until the two burly man from before went inside to pick her up.

“Princess Xanaehla, we need to leave now.”

“I know, I know. Don’t rush me!”

OH.MY.GOSH.

“It was nice talking to you, uhmm…”

“A-Alchyone.”

“Right, Alchyone. Since you’ve been a dear angel to me, I might just swallow down my pride and talk to my dear old friend.” She winked and started walking towards the exit.

“Smell you later!”

And with that, she was gone.

OH MY GOSH, ALL THIS TIME I’VE BEEN TALKING TO A PRINCESS OF A COMMUNE?!

Wait till Avein hears about this!

Oh shit, Avein! I was so caught up with Xanaehla that I completely forgot about what I was supposed to be doing here!

I checked my Timeteller and saw it was getting late. Pretty late. I hope Avein has the heart to forgive me for this.  I grabbed my stuff and bought all the things we need for school and hurried home or hell, if you may.

I don’t know what they’re hiding, but they messed with the wrong daughter to do so!

y