SIX; MR FANTASTIC

Start from the beginning

"Thank you so much, Garrick," Tyne cut off his nervous chatter, " just when I thought I couldn't love this wand any more. If I find any hidden wells and springs, I'll be sure to let you know."

"I'd like that," Garrick said with a small nod, " have a wonderful day, Tyne."

"You do the same."

Leaving the warmth of the wand shop, Theseus and Tyne were greeted by a cold gust of wind that caused Tyne to shiver. However, her face was still a flushed red either from her encounter with Garrick or the temperature, but Theseus wasn't sure what to make all of it. He wouldn't dare to admit it out loud, but he was sure what he was feeling currently was a form of jealousy. He scolded himself internally because he knew there was no need to be jealous. After all, Tyne and Garrick had only just met and they were just being friendly with one another.

It was a good thing that Tyne felt comfortable enough to reach out to people, despite whatever she had been through. And Theseus knew more so than anyone else that Tyne was a type of person that was easy to get along with. He wanted her to get back to living a normal life or as normal as it could possibly get. Yet, there she was acting like a normal person would and there he was acting like he had been bitten by a jealousy bug.

He nearly kicked himself in the arse for acting out, especially considering that he had a fiancée; what would Leta make of the situation if she discovered that he was jealous of Tyne talking to another man? Theseus felt like he was suddenly losing his mind, he wasn't acting like himself at all. Truth be told, Tyne had been his best friend when they were younger and at the time right before her disappearance, he had come to terms that he shared a bit more than friendly feelings for her.

But he had been unable to act on said feelings because Tyne was taken away abruptly and then pronounced dead. He had been so close to actually working up the nerve to ask her out on a date, only to have the worst possible thing happen. From that point on, Theseus didn't even bother with dating for his remaining time in Hogwarts. Instead, he just focused on his studies as much as he could, perhaps as an honour to Tyne, who believed more than anything that he would go on to do great things.

That carried on well into his work after he left Hogwarts, completed his Auror training, and entered the Magical Law Enforcement department. He didn't bother with any relationships outside of family or friends and for the most part, he had been content with that. And then Leta came along, friendly and with a history with the Scamander family through Newt. She would ask him how his little brother was doing in passing, and eventually, it grew to her asking him how he was doing personally each day that they saw each other.

Maybe he latched onto her kindness too quickly, but she never seemed to complain as they grew closer. It would be beyond disrespectful to Leta to allow emotions from his childhood to get the best of him. Sure, part of him believed that a moment had been stolen, but there was no telling what would have happened back then anyway. He could have asked Tyne out on a date and she could have very easily said "no." So there was no point in hanging onto ifs and what could have been.

With all the thoughts crossing his mind, Theseus realised that maybe he wasn't emotionally prepared to have his best friend back and so close in his life. Meaning, he was beyond thankful that she had returned, but the more time they spent together resulted in conflicting feelings. He wasn't sixteen anymore and neither was Tyne, left had taken them down two very different roads, and then for some reason, decided to have those roads intersect again. But maybe he just wasn't ready for all of it at once.

It was even more reason to put his plan into action and hoping that his little brother would come through. That way, he could gradually work having Tyne back in his life in a manner that was healthy and happier for both of them.

SEALED LIPS ⟶ Theseus ScamanderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara