Durmstrang vs Hogwarts

Comincia dall'inizio

"This is ridiculous!" She thought.

"Maybe, but still you must be placed," the hat chuckled, "You hide your insecurities well. You fear the expectations placed on you based on which house claims you. Already thinking ahead, eh?"

"I just...I just want to find a place where I can be myself!" She admitted and stared at her she shoes. "I just want to be Gloria. Not Grindelwald's daughter."

The hat paused and digested what he learned. "You can be a magnificent witch in any of these houses. But there's only one that will give you what you truly seek. Yes...yes.... better be...RAVENCLAW!"

The adults applauded and Belladonna sighed in relief as the embroidery on her robes changed to blue. Good, she thought, the farther from the Heir Of Slytherin the better.

Dumbledore stepped forward and removed the hat. "While we're here, why don't we tour the school so you'll be better aquatinted with it for the year starts? I'm sure the Head Of Ravenclaw will also like to meet with you."

Gloria cautiously eyed her aunts for approval. She hid her excitement so she wouldn't hurt their feelings. But her aunts' encouraging smiles reassured her that everything was fine. "I'd really like that." She smiled. "I'd like that very much."

**************************

The train to Hogwarts rocked Gloria as she flipped through some of her textbooks. She decided to mark sections she was already familiar with so she could inform Lady Azure when she saw her again. She was also curious about what lessons Hogwarts offered. She was disappointed to see that spells and enchantments classified as Dark Magic weren't in the syllabi. Defense Against The Dark Arts was the closest to it, but she was still confused at the prospect of such a class. How were they supposed to protect themselves from Dark Magic if they didn't understand Dark Magic? She'll have to wait and see.

While she skimmed her books, Antonio kept his eyes on the doors of their compartment. He sensed that they weren't going to the same place they always went every autumn and it made him nervous. Eager to protect his master, he stayed on alert and hissed at any shadow that passed by. Gloria smiled at her companion and attempted to sooth him.

"Be still, Antonio," she cooed, "We're going to be fine. We'll take care of each other, right?" The scaly creature nuzzled her leg in reply.

A knock on the door interrupted their tender moment. "Yes?"

The door slid open and revealing another student. The crest on his robes identified him as another Ravenclaw which excited Gloria for a moment. The boy offered a shy smile, "Do you mind if I share a compartment with you? Everywhere else is packed..."

"Of course you can!" Gloria beamed and motioned for the seat in front of her. "I'm Gloria."

"Casimir Emrys," he offered his hand. "Fellow Ravenclaw. I haven't seen you before. Are you new to Hogwarts?"

"Yeah, I just transferred..."

"MERLIN'S BEARD!" Someone exclaimed. "It's Grindelwald's daughter! She's actually going to Hogwarts!" The scarlet and gold identified group that huddled around the compartment door as Gryffindors. Curious eyes gawked at Gloria and Antonio with fascination like they were staring at beasts in a zoo.

Be brave, she thought. She motioned for the others to come sit. "Would you all like to sit? The snack trolley will be coming soon."

"There's no way in hell!" One of the Gryffindor boys scoffed. "You'll probably try and turn us into one of your father's fanatics."