Chapter 11

Oh shit! When I arrived at B&R clerks are formed on a semi-circle and listening intently to what the person in front was saying. Going near and bending my head so low so I can't be seen late and hid to one of the buff guys in B&R.

"I'm glad you can grace us with your presence Miss Summers. Though your timing and punctuality is amiss." He said sarcastically. I swear I think you can fry an egg on my face just by the way it heated. I can only imagine how red I am cause of humiliation.

"I'm sorry sir." I said while head hang low and can't look into his eyes.

"Ok, moving on. I need your dedication, patience, perseverance and hard work to finish every work left. I know your hardworks will be repaid soon. A little bit more time and the supermarket will be done and operational in 2days time. I just need you to cooperate for a little bit more. Shifts will be back soon and regular working hours will return. I don't hesitate to fire lazy Bills here. I hate tardiness." He said this while looking at me.

"I hate people who count what they have done for the company and keep on complaining. If you are unhappy, please hand in your resignation. What else? Oh! I don't like gossiping while at work. Customer service should be imposed. I think that's all for today." He said and went his way while removing his hardhat.

"Excuse me sir." I squeezed in to pass on to my fellow employees.

Both of the managers and supervisors turned to me. Waiting for me to say what I have to say but I didn't want to talk to any of them.

"Excuse me sir, I mean Mr. Reynolds. This time he turned to me. My superiors are very shocked at me to have the courage to talk to the big boss directly.

"Can I talk to you sir?" He looked at me amused.

"Let's talk in the office." What he means with office is the manager's office. I followed him while he led the way. I can almost hear their gasp.

"Shut the door." He commanded me as soon as we are inside. This will be the talk of the day soon as I got out. Electricity has been restored so I can clearly see his handsome face.

"To whom do I owe this honor of talking to you Miss Summers?" He said this while rubbing his chin with his forefinger and thumb.

"Thank you very much sir for the wheelchair and the hospital bed." I said humbly, I don't want to be reprimanded for being late today.

"Anything for my nana." He said smiling.

"Anyway I'm still very grateful for your help. You don't know how much help it can be for both me and gran." He nodded satisfied.

"As I've said anything for nana." He said again. This is getting awkward. How to say I wanna go back to my work without being rude to my demigod boss? Or rather a Godsent angel? Only the face though. This guy has hurt more girls than I can count. I should be careful with this man while I associate with him.

"Can I go back to work now sir?" He went to sit on the swivel chair and rubbed his chin again with his forefinger and thumb not answering me. But only openly staring at me. Not ashamed at all. While me, stupid me has to go red everytime I felt uncomfortable with him. He just sits there thinking and contemplating—snobbing me. Who does he think he is? Turning my back and grabbed the doorknob. He went in front of me again and enclosed my hand with his on the doorknob and closed the door again.

"What course did you say you studied during college?" He asked verifying though I know that he knew already knowing where I live. Surely he has swiped through my CV.

"Business Administration sir, Major in Economics."

"Hmmmm. Interesting." Back on his chair.

"You know Miss Summers, you can replace the other manager. What's his name?"

"Which one sir? Mr Wright or Mr Baldimore?" I inquired curious.

"Baldimore. Wright is very efficient in his work. I got reports he's spending his time flirting with employees and having sex at the storage rooms." He said this seriously.

I widened my eyes. Does he know I'm a virgin and I'm too inoocent for those kinds of information? "I know nothing of it sir. Plus, I don't wanna take someone else's job that I'm not qualified for. I'm not a graduate sir. I finished only until my second year."

"What kind of information then do you want to know only?" He said smirking. I swear I can never get redder than how red I am now.

"A-aah never sir. No more sir. Ah, I mean am I needed sir?." What's wrong with me. I can't even talk properly.

He stood up laughing and shaking his head. Don't go near. Please don't go near. I don't know what to do with you, you make me sin. Closing my eyes for a good 5 seconds and opening with one eye. He's still there. Go away!

"Are you alright Miss Summers
?" He said amused.

"Yessir!" I am stuttering again. I can't formulate any coherent sentence. What are you doing to me you handsome creature? This time he laughed hard.

"You really make my day." He said this and went dangerously nearer to me then he twist the tips of the fallen tendrils of my hair. Then he put it behind my ear so slowly like I would break. Then caressed my face with the back of his hand. Oh my, please give me a chair. I might just collapse without a wound. It's like I feel defibrillated whenever he touches me. Why do I feel these unexplainable things. Please don't make me like this man. This man is owned by a lot of women. I don't want to be one of his gals. Closing my eyes, don't know what to do. If I open them I can get lost in his eyes. I might do something I would regret. He kissed me. Bloody hell! He must be thinking that I want him to kiss me cause I closed my eyes. But really I just don't wanna look at him. Savoring the moment of being kissed the second time. How do I even kiss a guy who has kissed thousands of girls. Lost in the moment. I put my arms round him. Even in my mind I'm blabbering. I pulled off after a never ending minute. Still in pure bliss and a rapid beating of my heart.

"Why did you kiss me again?" I asked breathless.

"Honestly, I don't know. It's just that you have the sweetest lips I have tasted. Makes me want to drink or eat all of you." He said smirking.

Getting red for how dirty his thoughts turned out. How can I go out?

"A-ahh sir, may I go out?" Shit! What did I just say?! It's like I'm a kindergarten asking permission to go to the bathroom. I cleared my throat and stepped my right foot to the side for just half an inch testing if I still can move my legs.

"Ok, ok but we will talk soon. Consider the position I am offering you. The pay can really help you and your grandma."

I said nodding cause I really think I can't formulate a decent sentence or even a word without stuttering. I went for the door as fast as I can before he can stop me again. As I was out I breathe a sigh of relief. Pheeew!

"Are you alright in there?" Mr Baldimore asked and I jumped out. Did he hear?

*****
How does the story go so far?

Comment and vote

Please and Thank you😘😘😘

P.S. Please help me with my cover 😔😔😔