Destroy the middle, it's a waste of time

Начните с самого начала

He didn't dig too deep. Katsuki clicked on the first link that popped up and skimmed through it, finding that the kid was notoriously known for never competing in competitions outside of ones that took place in his state. He's won an outstanding amount of awards, but not as many as Katsuki. That made him feel better.. A couple of pictures were on the site as well: spiky, red hair and soft eyes. The shithead could be picked out of a crowd with hair like that.

Katsuki hated it. And he hated him.

But his hatred would have to be set aside if he wanted to win. He was going to win.

Confronting the guy before everything kicked off wasn't something he wanted to do, however, it would help them both be on the same page. Katsuki would let the shitty haired kid know that they were enemies who were on hold and after they win the competition they wouldn't remain acquaintances but will instead devolve back into enemies.

That's how it was going to be.

He shoved the last bit of his nearly soggy cereal into his mouth and dumped the bowl into the sink. After slipping on his shoes and pulling on a coat with fur covering the inside, he checked his scar in the mirror to make sure it wasn't as prominent as usual and bolted out the door, jumping onto his bike. The cold of the sting stung his rear but once he started to gain speed, he became more focused on avoiding the icy patches that coated parts of the streets.

The crisp winter air that tasselled his ash blonde hair as he rode down the street took his breath away and dried out his eyes but it gave a certain thrill that he enjoyed, missed even. Birds chirped their morning song whilst the world around them moved to the beat.

As he flew down the empty streets he started planning the choreography in his head as well as the several songs that would fit well with it. Katsuki knew he should discuss things like that with his partner but they couldn't waste any time. They had to be ahead.

Katsuki wasn't going to let some dumb haired kid slow him down.

Kaminari and Mina chatted Kirishima's ears off as the trio drifted through the crowded halls of the early morning. Students were either getting their textbooks for morning classes or they were rushing to do their homework against their lockers because they "forgot" to do it at home. There were those select few who were practically dry humping each other out in the open for all eyes to see and it was times like those that Kirishima was glad he couldn't see what was going on around him. Though, both Mina and Kaminari were quick to describe everything to him in the greatest of detail knowing damn well he wouldn't be able to successfully escape from their torture.

Some friends they were.

"And there's Jiro, looking hot as hell," Kaminari said. Kirishima cringed inwardly and Mina snorted.

"You know she'd kick your ass if she heard you say that," Mina said, stating the obvious. Jiro wasn't the most comfortable with comments made towards her body, positive or not. None of them knew why and they never bothered to ask because they felt as though it wasn't any of their business. They obeyed her wishes, well Kirishima and Mina did.. Kaminari slipped up... all the time.

"But she didn't hear me. So it's totally cool."

"Dude, this is why you're stuck in the friend zone," the redhead added.

"Friends with benefits," Kaminari corrected, a grin cracking his face. Kirishima could hear it and he couldn't help but smile at his friend's idiocy.

"Friends with benefits," Mina mocked. "More like fuck buddies."

"I'll have you know she's a virgin," he defended himself. The way he said it made it sound like he wasn't a virgin when everyone knew he definitely was.