Chapter three

I grudgingly round my teeth together once more to prevent them chattering. I slumped on the icy seat at the poorly sheltered bus stop. The droplets of rain were each a pellet of irritation; they cascaded determinedly from the growling, grey sky. My bus was late. AGAIN.

Awkwardly pulling my hoody tighter around me in a failed attempt to keep warm I think the highlight of my day was when I could finally see the bleary headlights of the double decker bus in the distance- thank god!

Yes, I am the average grumpy teenager and hate the bad day as much as the next youth, except my I-pod had died on me and all teens should understand my turmoil then. A two hour bus journey dawned ahead, with no entertainment or any sane person to talk to! Just your luggage for company and maybe the pervy bus driver occasionally grunts or picks his nose. Yay.

I smashed the Chap Stick against my dry lips before absentmindedly biting them.

My mum had gone to visit my brother up in Manchester for a few days, as I lived in a quiet village by the sea I was all alone in “nowhere-ville” I decided to venture into town to get a few supplies for the next few days rather than wallw and mope ( no life without Ice cream and crackers) To be honest it was a stupid idea because now I’m soaked through all my layers of clothes on this manky old bus, which frankly, smells of disappointment. Anyway I got home safe and soaked cramming the key in the oak door I stumbled through kicking off my shoes.

Now, as I previously mentioned I was alone so I proceeded to strip in order to have the worlds bestest, most relaxing bath, EVER, with maybe a bit of sweet acoustic music, ice cream, candles, bubbles- basically the whole shebang!

Wooo, bad English weather had its plus sides.

So there I was struggling out of my wet jeans, I must have looked like a crazy pink faced troll with rat tail damp hair, my hands were still numb so yanking and peeling my clothes off required maximum concentration, my tongue therefore hung out accordingly .

I heard his snort of laughter before I noticed him, It startled me. I tripped over the ledge of the door, tumbling to the ground in my bra and my jeans around my ankles. I closed my eyes promptly praying this was all a dream.

“shit, Cara are you alright?” I groaned in response, not moving. His warm voice wounded me, as it was laced with laughter, what a butt-head.

As revenge I decided not to respond.

“Err, Cara you’re scaring me and I’m hungry get up wench!”

Silence.

After a few minutes I hadn’t heard him call for me to get up, so hesitantly I opened my grey eyes.

“AHHHHHHHHH”

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”

My eyes met his brown ones his face loomed dangerously close to mine as I raised my head in panic causing our foreheads to smash painfully.

“Ow” we mumbled in unsion rubbing our heads

“Oh Cara, you plonker, you are so clumsy” he murmured, pulling me up to my feet.

I puffed my cheeks out indignantly crossing my arms over my nearly bare torso, once again I regretted this action as Dans eyes predictably dropped there.

I pushed his shoulder, “Oi, my face is up here, pervert!” I cried.

He smirked and reached out to hug me. I grunted as he squished me into a bone crushing bear hug.

“Oh, I’ve missed you Caraina!” he muttered into my hair.

“sure, sure me too, even though I saw you yesterday”

He pulled away, putting his hand on his heart- “Oh, you wound me Carina!”

“Dan I’m wet and cold, come on lets go in” I said as I realised we were still standing in the cobbled hallway .

“hehe that’s what she said, carina!”

“Dan you foolish perv, please stop calling me that” I scowled wrinkling my nose.

“Whatever, you love me” he smiled happily knowing he was right as he dragged me to the kitchen.

“So what you gunna cook me?” he asked, sitting on the marble counter top.

“Umm, I was actually gunna have a bath, kinda…”

“Oh.” He smirked, waggling his eyebrows.

“Come on, daaaaaaaaaaaanny, I’m half naked and I need warming up, I look a mess!”

“But you’re always beautiful to me, plus I’m a growing boy, I need food!” Dan whined.

“You can join me…” I bargained suggestively. His big honey eyes widened before he composed himself, it would almost be comical if I wasn’t so cold.

“Fine but you owe me a sammich, wench!”

Ugh. Men suck.

“Oi! I heard that Cara!”

I hadn’t realised I said that out loud…

“I heard that too Cara” he smirked triumphantly at me.

“Shut up, you were meant to here that” I replied, rolling my eyes.

“Sure, sure, come on lets go clean you up” he said taking my hand in his massive warm ones.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, Dan was so warm, he radiated heat, mmmm, not all men suck…

I turned to hug him swiftly, taking him by surprise as I snuggled closer to him.

“Carina, you’re freezing, let’s get you in the bath baby”

“You can just warm me here” I mumbled into his jumper clad chest.

“Carina-” he whined with an undertone of seriousness “- you’ll get ill!” I finished for him mimicking his deep voice terribly.

He half smiled at my imitation, bending to give me a short kiss on my lips.  I leaned in eagerly for more closing my eyes. Dan flicked my nose.

“Come on Cara bear, let’s go get bubbled up”