Chapter 1

CLAIRE

Claire woke up from a deep sleep. Tears were running down her face as she tried to take deep breaths. She couldn't remember much from her nightmare. Only the blurred image of Shane sitting on her bedroom floor, gun in his hand. He lifted the gun to his head. "I'm so sorry Claire."  Shane said. "I can't do this anymore, not without you."  What really happened is that the ghost of Claire had been able to stop Shane from killing himself, but not in the dream. She saw as he pulled the trigger and his body fell to the floor. She had woken up then, tears streaming down her face. 

She wiped the tears from her soft cheek and wrapped herself in her fluffy dressing robe. She heard a knock at her door. 

"Come in." she said, trying to keep her voice steady.

"Hey. You alright?" Shane said as he walked in. His voice was full of concern as entered the room.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She replied as he cuddled her in his arms. He smelt like warmth and comfort and home and... Shane. "It's alright now, I'm here. You wanna talk about it?"

She shook her head.

"Alright." He smiled gently, that sweet smile that always made her feel warm and safe inside. 

He kissed her lightly on the nose and cuddled her close. She returned the cuddle and then gently pressed her lips against his. She could feel Shane melt into the kiss and her bent down to reach her lips. Being small was serious disadvantage she thought and she made a mental note to try to grow a couple of inches taller. 

Shane picked her up tucked her into her big double bed. He kissed her lightly on the top of her head and headed towards the door.

"Please don't go." She said quietly. 

"I thought you'd never ask." 

He walked back over to her bed and cuddled up to her, arms wrapped around Claire like a protective blanket. He kissed and she felt the love and need in it as stroked her hair softly. 

"I love you." she said as sighed into his warmth.

"I love you too."

And she fell asleep spooned against Shane, happy and free of the nightmare which had troubled her. 

So what do you think of the first chapter? Please leave comments below and the next chapter will be uploaded once this chapter has a few reads. :)