2|| Broken and pitiable

Depuis le début

His eyes sparked and I realized I hurt him. Good. He's been hurting me for long enough.

"Giggles-"

"No!" I cut him harshly at that damn nickname. He just destroyed my future and now he was acting like that?  Who did he think he is? My blood boiled with rage. "I hate you! I hate you so damn much and you just- I can't even- Aargh!" I threw my arms to the air, frustrated and pulled my hair. I felt my eyes starting to water again and I pressed them with my palms to prevent me from sniffling in front of him once more. I took a deep shaking breath and fixed my gaze to the floor between our feet, still tense; but I finally managed to make up a whole sentence. "I'm done with you, Brett. I want you out of my life. I'm tired of this shit."

"Alyson, please-"

He grabbed my hand in his but I just shook my head and pulled it out, not looking him in the eyes like he was trying so hard to do. His mere touch made me shuddered and I hate it. I ignored his pleading, just like he always ignored mines. It had gone too far. So much that I didn't even could see the line anymore.

I took a step back into the house and slammed the door close. The weight of what I'd ust donw came crushing at once and I leaned on the wooden surface, unable to contain it anymore and crying it all out. He provably could still heard me but I just couldn't help it. I slipped 'til the floor and cuddled upon myself, weeping like there were no tomorrow. And there weren't. I couldn't go to college. I couldn't live my life like I'd planned. 

What am I gonna do now? 

I continued to sob long before I heard his car leave. Long before the sun came down and left me in the shadows. I sniffled 'till there were no tears left in me and I passed out on the floor. Glad that Granny didn't see me like this.

Broken and pitiable.

|| Present ||

I shut my eyes closed and prayed with all my will. Please don't come, please don't come, please don't-

"Hey there."

Damn it.

His voice sounded way too close and smooth but with an amused under tone that gave me goosebumps. I knew this was bound to happen, but facing the devil was never something you can properly prepared for. 

I haven't seen him since half a year ago, when I told him those awful things after he turned my life upside down before leaving for a soccer course and an intensive in Orlando the past trimester. Will he want revenge? Knowing him it might be a possibility. And now neither Macy nor Norah were with me. Brett had cornered me the perfect time. He always does.

His arm rested on the top of my locker, caging me between him and the door, and I kept my face down so my hair fell as a curtain. A shudder squeezed me and I had to force my breaths to remain calmed as I kept packing my books.

"Well," Brett now sounded annoyed at my lack of response. Well done, Alyson. "How's been everything lately?"

"Fine." I quietly mumbled hoping for him to let it go.

"Did you miss me?"

Not at all! But instead I just shrugged and closed my locker. "I have to go to class." I mumbled still avoiding his gaze.

"Alright." was his response but he still didn't move an inch. 

I furrowed my brows. The hell is his problem? What part of 'I want you out of my life' didn't he get? I softly cleared my throat, not wanting to start the back from Christmas break with the wrong foot. "Can you please move?"