Welcome to the Company (Part 1)

Freddy Fazbear and Co. x Male Night Guard
(Halloween Special!!!)

(Year 2000)

I walked into Freddy Fazbear's Pizza with an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

This place always kind of creeped me out even as a kid, the robot animals seeming to give dirty looks at any and all adults near any of the kids. Weather they be the kid's parents, guardians, siblings, or even restaurant staff. They seem to almost have artificial intelligence, but they're robots built in what year? The late or mid 1980's? It's a technical marvel for that time for them to even be able to walk around during the day like they used to.

Why did I let my folks talk me into getting a job here?

I looked at the sort of new robots that I'll be 'working with' until my folks see that I can handle my own money and my own car. I can tell by looking at some vintage posters that they're based on the designs I remember, but they look...cleaner, more expressive, and less cartoony. At least they're easier on the eyes.

This Night Guard schtick should be a peice of cake. According to my manager I'll be sitting in a room watching cameras for six hours. It's a good thing I got this job during summer vacation.

I walked into the office and sat down. I found a tablet permanently connected to an outlet. I picked it up and started messing with it. I accidentally turned it on and I saw the robots on stage. Chica, Bonnie, and Freddy in the order that is being shown to me. I press on different camera locations. Falling on one that had text that read 'Audio Only' on the top of the screen. Guess it must be busted, or they don't want anyone to find out that they put store bought tomato sauce on their pizza instead of the made in kitchen sauce they claim to have in the new commercials.

I turned the tablet off then looked at the buttons on both sides of me. Both had 'Door' and 'Lights' on them. I pushed both buttons. Like I guessed in my head. They turn on and off the hallway lights, as well as close and open the doors. Then the phone began to ring. I didn't pick it up because one, I didn't know who it was, and two, my manager said not to if it did. A message started playing. Then I heard the voice of one of the other employees.

"Uh, hello? Oh, uh...welcome to your new summer job at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Heh, normally I'd go on to read the company greeting and what not, but I'm sure they just handed you a sheet of paper with it already on there. I'm here to tell you about Freddy and the gang. Now, if you've been here and are over the age of thirteen, you'd notice the bots get...creepy and try to keep any adults away from the kids while not on stage. The company's tech guys say its some experimental software that let's them make their own calls while in free roam mode as long as it's within the laws of the country, and the laws of robotics. The problem is, they never did anything about them being active at night like they are now"....

My eyes widened at this. I'm locked in a restuarant with four robots with dangerous and experimental AI that have no issues killing me if they deem necessary.
Fuck me.

"However they do seem to still care about the restuarant, so they won't break anything to get to you if you close both of the doors. All I can say is, if you can. Get them to talk. You ask them about their programmed favorite things, they'll literally go on for hours....except Freddy, he's like the ringleader or Mob Boss. I've seen him pull cigars he's stolen out from under his hat".

No wonder this office smells like a cigars.

"Anyway. He's an all business bear. He's the only one who's managed to, in a way, break some of the rules. Foxy is a different story too. The trick to get him talking will work, but when he does you better make sure you don't let him talk you about his 'sworn enemy'. He play fights with kids, but I've heard he's seriously injured some guards. That hook hand isn't just for show. Anyway, that's all you really have to worry about. They fixed the wiring in the building so you won't have to worry about the power running out. I still wouldn't suggest keeping the doors shut all night though. They tend to get stuck, and then we would have to get you out when the restuarant opens instead of you leaving when you're scheduled to get off. It's more of an inconvenience to you rather than us though. Just stay calm, watch the cameras, and don't give them any reason to hurt you. Other than that, have a good night".

The message ended with a click from the phone. I immediately shut the two doors and opened a book I was reading for a few days.

Then something knocked on my right window.

I didn't want to turn on the windows or even think which one of them were outside. I just sat in my room with the light buzzing above me and the fan going.

The knocking came again, but this time, on my door and much heavier.

I could hear muffled voices coming from the right side and they seemed to be talking about what would be the best way to get me to open the doors would be.
Half a million dollars the hottest game consoles and radest video games in the world, I might turn on the light.

I continued to ignore them, but then I hear one of them, well it was obviously Foxy, yell...

"IF YE BE KEEP'N THE DOOR CLOSED I'LL CUT ME WAY IN AND DRAG YE OUT BY YER ARSE!!!" The canine announced in his robotic pirate voice.

I didn't he was serious, I just sat there dcared out of my mind.

"That's it! I'm gett'n me sword!" He said after hearing nothing from me.
But I did the smart thing and opened the door.

They were all there in both doorways. Towering over me even if I were to stand up.

"...What's up guys?" I asked them stupidly.