nine: How to Cure a Hangover

ابدأ من البداية

"Kuch bura nahi kiya" (Nothing bad) Raman gathered his wife into his arms for a fierce hug. He wanted to tease her with his one liners and the truth of her shenanigans the night before, but she looked so horrified that he didn't have the heart. "Hum ghar aaye toh yahan sab loaded pee kar party kar rahe theh. Hum ne apni party upar aa kar kiya. Woh sab bhi neeche tumhaari tarha nimbu pani pee rahe hai. Ab tum shower karke neeche aajao, my good girl." (We came home and found everyone here drinking loaded and having a party. We just had our own party upstairs. They are all drinking nimbu pani just like you downstairs. Now go and shower and come down, my good girl)

He kissed her lovingly on her forehead and then gave her a gentle push towards the bathroom, but she still looked at him uncertainly.

"You're sure, aur kuch nahi kiya?" she asked hesitatingly, dim visions of a candlelit bedroom, dancing and music returning to her. (You're sure I didn't do anything else?)

"Mujhe pole banaya, mujh par dance kiya, meri izzat ko loota, lekin mein toh khushi se luta raha tha, so don't worry" he finally gave in to his suppressed laughter, holding his stomach and laughing out loud as she glared at him. (You made me into a pole, danced on me and sexually assaulted me but I was happy to be assaulted by you, so don't worry)

"Ramannnn"

"It's okay meri pole dancer" he tried to control his laughter as he pushed her into the ensuite. "Sirf mein ne dekha, aur mujhe mazaa bhi bahut aaya. Ab jaldi neeche aao, warna bhanda phoot jayega." ( Its okay my pole dancer. Only I saw your antics and I enjoyed it. Now come down quickly, or everyone will realize something happened last night)

And he stood chuckling as she closed the door in his face. All his dreams were coming true and he would never let her go.

Ashok & Shagun
Khanna Mansion

Ashok Khanna sat at one end of the 12 seater Sheridan dining table which was the centrepiece of his deluxe dining room.

His silent yet seething brother sat next to him, the smirking Param on his other side.

"Are you sure Ashok?" Suraj asked again for the umpteenth time.

"Yes, yes, yes Suraj, I'm sure, I told you I have no choice. She knows too much, I have to do this"

"If you want, toh hum uska kaam tamaam karde Ashok ji?" Param drawled slowly. ( If you want, we can have her taken care of, Ashokji)

"No, don't you dare" snarled Ashok. "She told me last night that she made arrangements in case anything should happen to her. No, I'm stuck with her. She wants the wedding next Saturday. Make all the arrangements Param"

Param raised his eyebrows and helped himself to more toast.

"Theek hai Ashok ji, jaise aap ki marzi" ( Allright Ashokji, just as you please) he was just saying, as Shagun waltzed into the room.

"Good morning all" she said chirpily, stopping by Ashok's chair to exchange an air kiss.

"Good morning Shagun darling" the words tasted as bitter as bile in Ashok's throat. "Bitch" he thought to himself. "You damn bitch"

Shagun settled into a chair next to Suraj and gave him a pointed look.

"Good morning...bhabhi" he spat out. "Bitch" he too engaged in similar mind talk as his brother. "The damn money hungry bitch. She will eat all my share of Ashok's money."

The next glance was for Param.

"Good morning Shagun ji" he leched at her. "Hai" he thought to himself. "Nayi maal mili Param tujhko. Ache din hai beta" ( New material for you t9 play with Param. Good times are here again)