Chapter 2: Hello You

"If you want the best for your special lady. Bertridges is the place to go. They also do custom orders for a range of different price points," Ignis took Maagho's advice and found himself standing outside the store with the others gawking at the store building. Like a well-aged wine, it carried the heritage exterior from Altissia's history but gave the luxurious modern atmosphere inside. Prompto's gaping mouth was too entertaining for Ignis to remind the young man of his position as part of Noctis' retinue.

A middle-aged woman greeted them warmly, introducing herself as Margot, as they entered. After asking what the intentions of their visit were, she led them towards another room, specifically for engagement rings and marriage bands. Ignis heard Noctis stifle a laugh when Prompto commented of him not being able to afford the door knobs on the doors, let alone anything they were selling.

"Were you looking for a custom ring or one of our designs?" Margot asked. Ignis felt like he was talking to his mother. She made him feel so warm and wanted. He figured she owned the boutique. Clever in being the one welcoming customers instead of the normal employees.

"I'd like to look at both. I've been having great difficulty finding a design that suits her," Ignis answered. Margot nodded and brought him to the cabinet with their latest collection. One that caught his eye was a simple princess cut emerald sitting on a silver band. Two smaller white diamonds cut the same either side of it. A face came to mind, one in which had been popping up a lot quite recently. What worried Ignis most was that it wasn't Maia.

"You seem transfixed by that one. You are probably the first that stopped at this design. Is there a reason why?" Margot asked, "Perhaps this made you think of her?" Unfortunately no.

"Oh, I was admiring its design. It's quite simple but has just the right amount of detail," The surprise on Margot's face made Ignis wonder whether there was something he should know about the design. After locking eyes with Ignis for a short while, she averted her gaze. Ignis had reason to believe there was most definitely something behind her smile.

"I take it you imagined it for someone else?" Margot hit the nail on the head. It was a little concerning since Ignis was so good at keeping a stoic facial expression. He had only just met Margot. "Your silence tells me everything," Ignis stared into Margot's eyes and saw a twinkle in them. "I'm not one to pry. But, like my own husband and my employees, I ensure my customers leave satisfied with what they walk out with. Because knowing that they have chosen with their loved ones in mind, is what makes Bertridges different from everyone else,"

"I expect nothing less from a recommendation from Maagho," Ignis replied, his eyes trailing back to the ring he was looking at.

"How about a date and I'll leave you alone?" A young male's voice echoed loudly through the hallways. Catching the attention of everyone in the room.

"Ah. How about I let you browse a little more, there is something I must attend to. Be sure to take your time. I'd hate to have such a strapping young man be unsure of his decision," However, Margot didn't end up walking away from Ignis as she had intended. The supposed 'something' was walking closer to the room.

"I'm afraid I cannot entertain your... idea? It doesn't make any sense since you most definitely won't leave me alone if I accept," A female voice answered politely. Although it was quieter than the male's voice, Ignis froze upon recognizing it. He looked to the others who did not hide their surprise. Margot must have picked up on their reaction to the female voice, as Ignis saw a curious smile form on her face from the corner of his eye. He exchanged looks with Gladio, who had an amused grin plastered on his face. Ignis could tell Gladio was wondering how the female in question would react in seeing him here - looking at engagement rings.