Chapter 26

Alexis's P.O.V

Michaela and I were standing by the waiting spot for the tour group, and Nick and Dove. They met us just outside of the school, when they walked up to us, Nick and Dove had huge smiles on their faces. They were walking hand in hand, and clung together like glue.

"You two look happy." Michaela said, as they walked up to us.

"Yes, it's a beautiful day and we are going out on a nice tour of the Forests of Magix. What is there to bring us down." Nick said, as he gazed into Dove's eyes.

"Ok, well the tour guide and group should be here soon." I added.

A few moments later a group of people guided by and a woman with long blonde hair wearing a tour guide hat appeared coming towards us.

"Hello, are you here to join the tour?" She asked us.

"Yes. We are really excited to see more of Magix." Dove said.

"Great, I'm Priscilla. I'll be your guide. If you have any questions, just ask." She said, as we followed her down the path.

We continued to a lake, it was magnificently kept. The water was a brilliant and clear blue, there were fish and other animals and plants in the lake that looked so tropical and happy looking.

"This is Lake Magix, it is one of the oldest lakes in Magix and it is home to many tropical and magical species. Centuries ago the lake was much bigger and has shrunk since. It is maintaining its size but due to the lakes mist in the fall and spring, it makes the forest darker but also much healthier as its getting more nutrients." Priscilla explained.

I could tell something was truly special between Nick and Dove, as we continued on through the tour they were always gazing at each other and you could feel the passion between the two of them. I chose to respect them and just go on with whatever was happening.

The tour was great, we seen so much of the forest. It was so lush and healthy, I even enjoyed myself. There were things from ancient stone monuments to dugouts and hideaways from past inhabitants. There were spots that seemed a little sketchy.

"This part is a little darker, so stay close. This place was supposedly, the dark quarter of the Forests of Magix. Creatures like vampires, unicorns, centaurs, and werewolves were reportedly to live here." Priscilla was telling us.

"Really, they aren't still here are they?" A woman asked.

"No, no. They were just myths, I'm positive no actual vampires live here." Priscilla said.

I could feel as if something wasn't right, I don't know if it was because of the fact that we were just talking about vampires and dark creatures. But I felt something was off. We continued through the Dark Quarter and heard some footsteps, they were crunching of branches and sounds of rocks being kicked.

Everyone clumped closely together.

"Don't worry, nothing to worry about.

I'm sure it was just an animal." Priscilla tried to assure everyone.

We heard a swooping noise and then seen a blurry image come towards us.

"Why would you have to worry, all we want is something to eat." A voice said.

"Who said that? Show yourself!" Priscilla said.

A few moments later, a group of vampires appeared and were backing the group up. They were very supernatural looking. The two female vampires had long dark hair and bright red eyes, and were dressed in very dark revealing clothes. The male vampire had short light hair and bright green eyes, almost a lime. They were all dressed in renaissance clothing and were all sheet white, very pale skin.