Who were the Four Founders of Hogwarts?

The Hogwarts founders were four witches and wizards who established Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry during the medieval era, in the 10th century. These four founders are widely described as being the most brilliant witches and wizards of the time and were the following: 

Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin.

Each of them created their own House: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin respectively. They laid the foundations for the only Wizarding school in Britain.

A brief intro to the characters:

Godric Gryffindor:

Godric Gryffindor is the founder of Gryffindor house.  He was kind, just, fair and proud.  People would describe him as Brave and Courageous. Godric valued these virtues and chose to admit such children into his house. Rowena was like his sister, he was very overprotective over her, he was once a friend of Salazar Slytherin's but they both had different views on who should have been admitted to the school and who shouldn't.  This eventually tore their friendship apart and turned into something destructive, turning them into sworn enemies. Corresponds to element of fire.

Rowena Ravenclaw:

Rowena is wise and clever. With a witty tongue and a sharp mind, she proved useful to the team and admired anyone with such intellect. Thus came the purpose of Ravenclaw House, home of the ones born with a advanced power over mental abilities. She and Salazar were good friends as children and grew to be childhood sweethearts but it didn't last long. Corresponds to element of air.

Helga Hufflepuff:

Helga was loyal and humble. She created Hufflepuff House for those who were loyal to all, showed humility and modesty, patience, and hard working above all else. It is also known that she brought the house-elves to Hogwarts. Corresponds to the element of earth. 

Salazar Slytherin:

The founder of Slytherin house. Sly and cunning, he was not unlike many of the students he brought into his house. He believed strongly that only wizards of pure blood (i.e., those with a mother and father from wizarding families) should be allowed to attend Hogwarts. Slytherin caused great dispute over this with the other founders, and it eventually caused a permanent rift with Gryffindor, which led to Slytherin's departure from the school. Before he left, however, he created the Chamber of Secrets, complete with a huge statue of himself and a horrible monster. Corresponds to the element of water. He pretended to love Rowena for his own personal reasons.

New idea! I was bored and ended up looking for Jily pics. Then I thought about their houses and presto! This came out. Tell me what ya think?

Annabeth!