Michael's Plans

Marinette froze in the doorway, feet planted firmly on the ground. She blinked a few times before turning around and walking back the way she had came.
"Nupe, not today!" She groaned.

Her hand reached for the latch of her trapdoor, but her feet decided to steer her back towards the living room. She stood behind the couch and watched the four young children intensely playing Ultimate Mega Strike III.

Her parents had decided to go out for lunch at a friends house, so Marinette had volunteered to stay home with her younger brother Michael. She was going to use this opportunity to bond with him, teach him how to draw and sew, anything to get him away from his computer. But judging from the scene unfolding in front of her, Michael had other ideas. Sitting to the left of her brother, was a boy with dark skin and messy brown hair. Nino's brother, she thought. To Michael's right was a boy with neatly combed bleach blonde hair and smooth skin that seemed to glow. Seriously, Chloe's brother. Of all people?! Marinette internally face palmed. Sitting on the floor was a boy who Marinette didn't seem to recognise. He had a head of bright orange hair was deeply tanned. Maybe he's Nathaniel's brother? She wondered.

She studied her own brother. The bluenette had a huge smile plastered on his face and he seemed to practically glow with his friends around. For a split moment, Marinette saw herself in him. She was always glowing around her friends.

Now that she had finally gotten over her crush on Adrien, she was able to be a better friend. As they had gotten closer, she had realised that he really did need a friend, one he could open up to, one he could be himself around, and Marinette was happy that she was able to be that friend.

Marinette figured she couldn't blame her brother. It was important to have friends close to you... But it was also important to spend time with your family. Suddenly Marinette had an idea.

Clearing her throat, she walked over to group of boys and sat on the floor next to the red head. She said hello to everyone and introduced herself. She was incorrect, the young boy with the red hair wasn't Nathaniel's brother. She watched for a while as boys played the game for awhile, but then decided to challenge them individually. Of course, she came out victorious each time. After a couple hours of playing, Marinette collected their empty plates and headed to the kitchen where she began washing the dishes.

And that's when the door bell rang...