Ch. 18: Condemn Me, For I Have Remained Silent

Start from the beginning

"Because I know if I do, I won't be able to spend alone time with you," he responded with a slightly-quivering bottom lip, his brows crinkled in a worried gesture. "Besides, this is the last day of our vacation, and I wanted to make it special."

My cheeks flared up at the fluctuating tone he merged into his normally stoic voice. "We're not having a repeat of last night," I reprimanded thoughtfully. "For heaven's sake, it was hard enough trying not to wake your father, and even more of a pain to slip our nightwear back on."

Levi merely tilted his head and mewled at my response.

"No," I chastised forcefully. "Being innocent and precious in the morning will not earn you a goddamn thing. You're a lawyer, Levi, use some common sense and logical thinking when tackling your wants and needs." Gripping his hands for support, I pulled myself up, closer to his eye level and whispered, "If you intend on changing my mind about this, you have to persuade me using specific tactics, alright?"

"I'm confused already," Levi confided, averting his line of sight downwards from mine and pursing his lips into a thin line.

"You're exceedingly dense, moon cookie," I commented before kissing his cheek fondly. "Must I demonstrate in order for you to completely understand?"

Unlacing our hands, I guided my fingertips to Levi's hips, then slowly traced them up his bare torso in a teasing fashion. Clearing his throat in an embarrassed manner, Levi's cheeks glowed a pastel pink, the feminine color staining his pallid complexion as he stammered, "N-no, it would be unnecessary, my precious dove."

Humming a giggle and habitually nibbling the inside of my bottom lip, I leaned in to kiss his lips once more, only to be interrupted halfway by a brusque knocking at the guest room door, followed by the abrupt statement:

"Alright lovebirds, knock off whatever funny business you're in the middle of, breakfast is almost ready in the dining room."

Levi practically went rigid at his father's voice beyond the wooden object. Funny, how one inappropriate comment could turn a chilling man like Levi into a flustered puddle of mush; not that I was complaining, Levi couldn't be less adorable when his ivory cheeks were flushed and his expression was mirroring that of a woodland owl.

Arching a brow in a snide manner, I smirked at the humilated male, huffing out a snicker or two before murmuring, "Look at that; not even eight o'clock, and we're already getting in trouble with your father. Next thing you know, he'll be questioning us about our fervent actions in the middle of the night over breakfast."

"Please, don't even speak of that happening," Levi chided. "I'm tormented enough with his constant teasing towards our relationship, I don't need another intimate notion factored into that heckling."

"Oh, boo-hoo . . . Poor Levi, perturbed by his daddy's teasing," I jeered in a childish tone, displaying a misleading pout and cocking my head to the right.

"Great, just join the bandwagon, Roxanne," Levi said, exasperated and sarcastic. "The more the merrier. I love starting off my day with a shitload of embarrassing mockery and immature insults. Thank you, for blessing my day with your unnecessary input."

"Doesn't change the fact you still love me," I cooed, fully encircling my arms around his waist and nesting my head underneath his chin. "Levi is incapable of hating Roxanne, and he's aware of that. He loves her with all his heart, no matter how much she pesters him!"

Levi's chest rose as he inhaled a deep breath, his heart beating calmly against my own chest as he muttered, "Like I said . . . fucking immature."

My lips instinctively twitched into a sincere smile, my glee incontainable, which was demonstrated by a string of squeaky laughter and snuggling Levi's unclothed upper half, my embrace tightening at inconsistent intervals.