The War Doctor

The (war) doctor was piloting his Tardis after just leaving his tenth and eleventh selves upon seeing the Gallifrey Falls painting. He was grinning through his gray beard, smiling at the thought of Gallifrey survivng and having ended the Time War with help from his other selves. Suddenly the Tardis flashed and a warning alarm sounded, ringing around the control room.

War Doctor: Oh what now?!

He reached across the pannel and pulled one handle down before being flung off track. He almost fell from the console. Then the engine sound stopped abruptly and another large jolt, sending sparks everywhere caused the doctor to fall a few feet back and hit a large coral beam.

The doctor looked up and around the Tardis.

War Doctor: What was that? Did you see anything on the scre-

Then he remembered. He had no companion. The moment was the closest to a companion he had and the moment was gone now. He had nobody. He got up and brushed his ragged clothes down. He was still haunted with one thing however. When in his eighth body, the Sisterhood of Karn gave him an elexir to have him regenerate into a warrior, the body he was in right now. The elexir allowed him to do what he had to do with Gallifrey and then his body would be done. After saving or destroying Gallifrey his body would have worn out and he would have to regenerate again. But he hadn't yet. He could start regenerating any moment and he feared that. But he had to put those thoughts aside for a moment. He started walking towards the blue doors and pushed them open.

As the door swung open the 9th Doctor watched in fear of who would step out. A figure in a brightly coloured scarf? A figure in a multi-coloured jacket? A figure wearing celery? Who? Then the war doctor slumped himself out, reached in and pulled the door shut. When he came to see the two people infront of him he winced at the girl. The Moment? He certainly recognised her.

9: What are you doing here?

War Doctor: Well, if I didn't know any better I'd say I crash landed.

He looked to his side and brushed some dirt off the Tardis, laying on its side next to him.

Rose: Doctor who is he?

War Doctor: Are you talking to me?

Rose: N- No I was talking to the Doctor...

9: Made the link yet?

War Doctor: Ah. One of the next me's are you?

9: Right after you acctually.

Then the war doctor recognised the stare 9 was giving him. He remembered it as the same stare of dread that 10 and 11 gave him in the Tower of London.

War Doctor: Why are you looking at me like that I thought we got over this!... Or is it still in your future?

9: Is what still in my future?

The War Doctor swallowed and paced a few times where he stood. Surely his future self, the same man, would understand when he explained that he couldn't tell him! He only hoped anyway...