SEVEN

_______

_______

"Why does it seem that when I have an important event in my life I suddenly have nothing to wear?" Hayden asked Briar, who sat on Hayden's bed, helping her pick out an outfit to meet Timothée in.

"Hay, you get clothes from a million designers for free and you say you have nothing to wear?" Briar told her, who was too busy reading to actually look at her. After a whole hour, Hayden could not find anything to wear. Most of the contents of her closet had been thrown on the floor, you barely see her dark wood floor.

"Hayden?" Briar spoke, closing her book and setting next to her on the bed.

"Yeah?"

"Why is this so important that you're freaking out about having nothing to wear?"

Hayden turned back to her. "It's not that important."

Briar scoffed. "You literally said, 'why does it seem when I have important events in my life it seems like I have nothing to wear', which would imply that it is an important event, seeing Timothée again." She explained, and Hayden rolled her eyes, pulling on a forest green sweater.

"I just meant important events in general." She laughed off nervously, trying to change the subject.

"But you sai-"

"Oh Bri, would you look at the time! I have to go, love you, bye!" Hayden said while scurrying out of her apartment and into the hallway, where she let out a breath before continuing to move down the narrow hallway.

Seeing Timothée again brought up so many emotions inside of her. Excitement to finally see him  after so long. Fear of falling for him again. And finally, longing. She longed to see his face in person again, and to see the way his eyes light up when he smiles. She longed to see the way he blushed and looked down at his shoes out of embarrassment. She longed for all of that, and she wondered if he longed for it too.

_______

The walk to Brewers Coffeehouse seemed like an eternity, but in reality it was only about ten minutes. The cool autumn air blew through her blond hair, leaving it windswept and frizzy. She checked in a store window before she got to Brewers, and through it up into a messy ponytail, leaving a few pieces down to frame her face.

Her short brown boots continued to clunk against the sidewalk as she neared the small coffeehouse, her hands growing clammier by the minute. She wiped them on the side of her blue jeans and continued walking.

When she stepped up to the picture window, a gasp was caught up in her throat. There he was, sitting at a table a few away from the window, drinking coffee and looking at his phone. He looked different than when she saw him last. His hair had grown longer, falling into front of his eyes so much he tucked it back behind his ears. His face had become more chisled, his cheekbones sticking out more. She wondered of he had changed from the kind, caring boy she loved when she was eighteen.