Chapter 4//Aphrodite

Jehan invited me out the other day when my attendance was normal for the Amis. Feuilly shrieked with happiness when I told him I'm going out with Jehan.

"Only as friends, Feu!"

I said while wondering why I was blushing. I wore my prettiest blue dress I borrowed from the lady next door and a straw hat that Feuilly made me. I stepped out of the door and found Jehan, waiting near the fountain, reading a book. He smiled as soon as he saw me which made me smile as well. I naturally linked my arms with his and he blushed. I never realized how tall Jehan was. Then I realized that I've been talking to him sitting down at the cafe all the time. He looked incredibly handsome from down here. Our eyes met and we both smiled.

"Where are we going?"

"Just wait."

He got a carriage for us and we sat for a good twenty minutes of silence. It was great for both of us since we weren't very good at communicating. I liked the silent moments. It let me admire the view and also admire Jehan.

We arrived somewhere, somewhere I do not know. I was in the countryside, but it wasn't very far away from the center of Paris. A cottage stood in front of us and Jehan grabbed my hand. He led us to a hill where yellow alstroemeria was blooming everywhere.

"Wow..." I was speechless. 

"Y-you always loved to see my book willed with dried flowers, so I decided to take you to see actual real-life flowers. Besides, I like real flowers more. They're more lively."

I breathed in and out of the fresh air, something I cannot do in the crowded streets of Paris. The sun shined in our faces and a warm breeze rushed through our hair. Jehan sat down and started working on something. I looked over his shoulder to reveal a lovely flower crown. He took off my straw hat and placed it on my head, smiling as he makes another for himself. I simply sit down quietly as his thin, fragile fingers move to make the beautiful crown. He places his own on his head and sits down next to me. We both enjoyed the fresh air and the peacefulness of the countryside. 

"You look like a little fairy," he said while blushing. I immediately realized that my ankles were showing when I was sitting down, so I covered it with my dress. He put his sketchbook on his lap and started to turn the pages. I tilted my head to see what he wanted to show me. It was a sketch of me the first night we met when I was admiring the sunset of Paris.

"You always reminded me of Aphrodite. You know, the goddess of love and beauty."

My cheeks grew warm and I laughed. I've never received much attention to my looks before since the only men I ever had interaction with was Feuilly, who was just like a brother to me. Our eyes met and that continued for a few seconds when Jehan broke the silence with not with words,

but with a kiss.

--

I never knew that Jehan was the type of person to make the move (like Courfeyrac. He once tried to lift my skirt up when I was at the Musain as a joke, of course, which ended up with Feuilly punching him in the face). I was so surprised and shocked and I actually liked the feeling of his soft lips that tasted a bit like honey and sugar. Then, Jehan pushed me away and started to stutter.

"Oh, no. Great Jehan now she totally hates you. Why did you even ask her out? Gosh, you're so retarded. Now she probably thinks that you're a creep and a freak that likes flowers and stupid poetry. She's probably gonna stop talking to you and run away from you. Your life is now ruine-"

"Jehan!" I could tell that he was saying what's on his mind without realizing. He was panicking and his hands were shaking. His flower crown was on the ground and his face was bright red. I could see a sweat rolling down the side of his neck. I grabbed his hand and I pulled him close to me.

"I don't mind."

I placed the flower crown back on his head and laid my lips on his. I felt his body tense up, but immediately he relaxed and before I even knew it he was kissing me back. 

--

Jehan's POV

"You did WHAT!?"

I buried my face in my arms to hide that I was blushing. It was the annual meeting of the Amis, but Abella wasn't here yet. Feuilly was. Bousset clutched my hair and pulled my face up. I don't know whether if he was mad or happy for me.

"Now, Jehan," he calmly said. "Tell us precisely how things went between you and Belle."

"I...I kissed her." I responded as I took a big sip from a wine bottle that Grantaire handed me. "We were sitting in the flower field, and she just looked so angelic and graceful I just... kissed her."

Grantaire and Courfeyrac whooped and high fived each other. Then, Bousset turned to Feuilly.

"Yo Feu, aren't you mad that your cute little sister has been making out with this flower boy?"

"We weren't making ou-"

"I don't mind," Feuilly said. "I'm just surprised that Bella has interest in boys."

"So you thought she was gay?" Courfeyrac said as he kissed Combeferre on the cheeks. Ferre just laughed and smacked Courf's buttocks. Grantaire laughed and took a sneak peek at Enjolras.

"No, no. That's not what I meant. I just never she had any interest in romance."

"Well, of course, she does! She's seventeen, Feuilly. She could basically move out and live on her own. Get a job. Go to school." Grantaire ranted. He took another big sip of his wine bottle and looked around the room. "Where is Belle?"

Feuilly shook his head. 

"She's not coming today. She has a headache."

Courfeyrac and Grantaire looked at each other and smirked. Then I saw Feuilly walking towards me with an intense look on his face.

"You better treat my sister like a princess. Like she's your world. Because if you don't..." He smacked his fist in his hand and made a noise. I laughed.

"I promise, she's already my world."

Thanks for reading chapter 4! I hope you enjoyed! If you have any headcanons please tell me or message me! Stay tuned for more chapters!