Chapter 1

The radio blasts the news. I open my black eyes, rub them, and sit up. I check the clock 22:00 how did I sleep so late?

I get up out of my small bed, shuffling around in darkness. Usually it wouldn't be this dark at this time but all the shades are drawn in my bite size room.

I find my way to the bathroom and turn on the light. I hear Clara, the young girl that I help care for, run around downstairs. Her mother and father were kind enough to let me stay with them for eight months. Her father an FBI agent and the mother a homemaker. They have been keeping me a secret for so long, I am on the lamb, I'm wanted. I am known as the world's most deadly con artist. Which is a great reputation to have at the mere age of twenty. But this is the world I have created, and I love it.

But I know today is not a good day.

Papa cannot keep me a secret anymore. I am to go to a federal prison and await my certain death.

I put on a grey shirt and blue pants. I braid my hair and warily walk down the stairs.

"Good morning Nanny!" Clara chirps. The poor girl doesn't even know my real name. The whole family calls me nanny which is normal but only her parents know my real name.

"Good morning darling!" I smile at her.

I go over to Mama and Papa who are reading the newspaper together in the kitchen.

"Good morning," I say. I go to the kettle and poor myself a cup of tea.

"Nanny we have to talk," Papa says. I walk over and smile at the Mrs.

"Yes Papa,"

"Today is the day, I'm so sorry, just know that we love you so dearly but you must leave,"

Mama chokes down a sob and has to excuse herself to the parlor.

"Eleanor, we leave at dusk," I nod and wipe away an excuse of a tear.

A few hours pass and I say goodbye to the family. 

"Clara, dear, be brave." I kiss the young girl on the head, hug Mama goodbye. 

I sit in the black car, awaiting my future.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jul 07, 2018 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Mysterious Case of Lennox Davidsonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें