Chapter 20 - Long time, no see

Myles POV - 

I am in the mall heading towards the bathrooms. I can't believe Briar escaped. I am so happy ... I have no words. I walk into the girls bathroom and get a LOT of evil looks shot in my direction but I couldn't care less. I shout out Briar's name.

"Myles?" I hear a small voice and a door unlocks and Briar steps out. Her face has bruises and scratches all over it. I embrace her in a huge hug I tip her chin up with my finger and gently kiss her lips. 

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. Are you ok?" I ask.

"Myles, stop. You don't need to apologise. I am ok-ish." Bri says. But she isn't ok. She doesn't seem the same. She is afraid.

"Shall we go home?" Briar says after a while of standing in each others arms.

"Yeah lets go home." We walk out and are surrounded by police.

"Um, guys I am ok." Briar says instantly, as soon as she sees everyone.

"You are clearly not. We will ahve to take you to the hospital and get you checked up." One officer says.

"Do I have to? I just want to go home and see my little girl. My family and friends." Briar asks.

It's no use arguing. Briar clearly isn't ok. She needs to be checked up. In the hospital briar is checked over. The doctor says she has a sprained arm but other than that she is mostly fine. But then a councillor and a police woman come in ... 

"NO way I ain't doing this." Briar refuses.

"I am sorry but you must talk about this." The officer explains.

"Fine. Axel Cross kidnapped me 9 days ago at the park. He grabbed my arm when I was walking passed him. I was screaming but no one was there. He threw me in the car and I hit my head on something and was knocked out. I woke up in a small room, I was tied up." I gulp swallowing back the tears."And, I looked around the room and it was empty besides a small table with a knife and a gun on it. I started panicking and shouting for help and Axel came in. He was making fun of me and said that he couldn't wait to see the look on everyone's faces when they found out he had me. He raped me daily and abused me at least 3 times a day." Briar says.

HE RAPED HER! Oh my god. This is all my fault. I am going to kill Axel Cross.

"I am so sorry to hear that. Do you know where you were when you managed to escape?" The councillor asks.

"Yeah the address was 1704 Bridgeport Rd Orangeville Ontario." 

"Oh thank you. How did you escape?" 

"Out of a small window. I cut the ropes with the knife that was on the table." Bri explains.

"Thank you for your help Briar I will let you go home now and get some rest. I will come around tomorrow and ask a few more questions and we will just talk about whatever you want to talk about." The officer says and walks out with the councillor.

Briar POV - 

We arrive home. 

"Myles I am just going to go and take a shower and get changed and then ill come down and make some dinner." I tell Myles.

"Don't be silly I will make dinner you get some rest." Myles is such a gentleman. I am so glad I am home with him.

I take a long shower and get changed into my pyjamas- 

Unfortunately Olivia is at Myles parents house so I didn't get to see her today

Unfortunately Olivia is at Myles parents house so I didn't get to see her today. But tomorrow I will be able to see her. I have had about a million messages from all my friends and family. Which is understandable, after all it has been a long time, no see.