Chapter 1: Trouble is Brewing

"A simple 'Hello' could lead to a million things.'

She put her dark sweatshirt on her arm. She felt the cool wetness of the night rain. Of course, she didn't get wet, but she embraced the feeling of the raindrops hitting her.

She was wearing a black short-sleeved shirt and black jeans. She wore a black belt that had two sheathes with daggers in them. Her curly blonde hair was free of the hood and her eyes were a dark violet. She also had a silver charm bracelet on her left wrist, a necklace with an infinity sign and a black ring on her right ring finger.

Of course, the mortals couldn't see her. She could be an inch away and they wouldn't even blink. She liked it this way, for the Mist was too unpredictable for her taste.

Thoughts swirled in her mind like leaves in a hurricane. She found herself answering the questions of the demigods. She had heard what they had said after she left.

'Her real name is long forgotten, along with the boy's.'

'Kerboros and I remember all our old names. Our birth-names, and our Archangel names. And now, he has a new name.'

'How do we know this chick isn't faded? Or is evil?'

'I don't know that myself. Sometimes I wonder exactly what I am doing.'

'I've seen her before.'

'You're the first one, Perseus, to remember me. You are the first true hero.'

New York traffic sounds swirled around her. It was probably ten o'clock at night.

Where was she going?

Home. Her current home.

Before she went home, she wanted to see it.

She wanted to see the Empire State Building up close.

For years she had avoided New York because of the memories. Now, she was attracted to New York.

She had felt him stirring for awhile. She hadn't shared her concerns with the others, because there were no others. It was just her.

The gods had been hiding something from the demigods. The gods had said that they couldn't interfere because of ancient laws.

More like they were too scared.

She knew this. The gods didn't look for her themselves because they knew she would either fight or flee. They had banished her because of him. They though power would corrupt her too. She escaped her prison easily, for the gods doubted the extent of both of their powers. He could've easily escaped as well, but he just bided his time so the gods thought he was defeated.

They surpassed the gods in terms of power.

Of course they did, all the gods blessed them.

She looked up at the Empire State Building. Thoughts raced in her head faster. The gods' lies stuck out like a sore thumb.

She teleported to a lone spot in the woods.

Her home now.

Her wings felt cramped, so she let them out. They sprung out of her back silently, despite of their large size.

Kerberos' wings were black with flecks of red. Her's used to be white with flecks of purple. Now, they were gray, as if showing that she was neither good nor evil.

She had only helped heroes in the past. She had only had one friend, and one lover after it happened.

But, alas, the Fates could be so cruel. Her lover had died saving her, and her friend was still alive, but his memory was completely wiped, thus forgetting her.

She was a fallen angel, with a broken heart that only time could heal.

And it had been healing for the last hundred years.

She subconsciously tugged her necklace. It was a simple silver chain with an infinity symbol charm. The charm had hints of light purple.

It had been a gift from her lover.

She clutched her head and willed herself to block out the memories.

But, to her dismay, a boy appeared a few feet in front of her.

He was short, but seemed about fifteen years old. He had dark skin as well.

She looked away, but he stayed in her vision. He didn't move, he just was.

She tried to will herself not to look at his messy brown hair, or lose herself in his chocolate-colored eyes.

She hesitantly reached out, as if to touch him, but quickly pulled back.

"Go...Will." It seemed to hurt her as she spoke his name. "You are just a figure of imagination! You tricked me once, but now I know you're not real." She whispered forcefully.

Slowly, as if scared, she closed her eyes.

When she opened them again, he was gone.

She sat down on a nearby rock with her hands on her head. Her wings slowly sunk back to place.

The boy was Will Randolph, son of Mercury.

Her old boyfriend, until he died to save her life.

'What is my life now?'