The Hike

"Are we there yet?" I said. It felt like we had been walking for hours. Sweat was starting to drip down my dark, wavy brown hair. I should've put my hair up.

"Hold your horses Alex, we're almost there." My sister Amanda said. Although, it seemed more like a frustrated sigh. Amanda was tall and skinny with long, straight blond hair. Unlike me.

"Seriously Mandy, where are we going? We've been walking forever." She knew I didn't like surprises. She also knew that I was impatient.

"You'll see. I promise, it will be worth it."

We continued walking up this forever going mountain. It was a beautiful day. We were walking on soft dewy grass with flowers all around us.
Soon we finally arrived.
"Here we are!" Mandy shouted.
I was awestruck. We were standing on a cliff that stretched so far I couldn't see where it ended. There was a humongous waterfall and trees everywhere. A rainbow had formed over the waterfall. You could see many different kinds of birds, deer, and I even saw a fox.

"Wow," I said, still amazed by all the beauty around us, "It's just... Wow!"

I was still looking around when I noticed my sister staring at me with an excited look.
"Are you ready to see the best part?" She said with a smile on her face.

"It gets better than this?" I said. She also knew I love nature and the wilderness and also adventure. I crave it every day. I had just realized now that I shouldn't have whined to her about when we were almost there. But it was a two hour hike going up a steep mountain.

My thoughts were interrupted when Amanda (Mandy) called me over.

I followed her over to a very large weeping willow tree. She pulled back its leaves to reveal the most beautiful thing I had ever seen...

A brand new, one of a kind Sailboat!

It was a huge, beautiful hand carved mahogany boat with a line of swirls across the side with the colours from front to back drifting from red to blue to a light sea green. On the sail there was a big A in the middle with a red wreath of connected swirls around it. I was guessing the A stood for Alexandra. It was just sitting there on the sand by the huge lake.

I was speechless. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Like I said before.