Thread of Murders

The shimmering starlight shines, but you

Where are you looking at?

I think you'll be gone soon

Three days later, Prince Rafi returned galloping on Kuro, with his troops following him. It was night time and most of the palace was asleep, except the Queen Gul, Princess Sijil and Lady Bisma. Sijil was sitting down on a wooden log, near a water fountain, reading a book that Anushay had recommended her. When the Prince and his troops came, galloping in the palace, she hid. She did not know why. The Prince got off of Kuro, and a palace man took it to its stable.

She hid there, listening to every word they were saying.

"Saleh got murdered." She heard a husky whisper.

"Someone murdered him on purpose." said a voice. "Maybe the killer wants something."

"A murder is always done on purpose." Rafi said. "All those killings in locals are more than just mere family issues."

"Your highness, if we focus, the murders have been done in certain pattern. Man, woman, boy, girl, child, child, girl, boy, woman, man. It's repeating like this." Sijil recognized the voice. It was chief Ikram. He was a loyal Army Chief. Sijil and his daughter were friends so Sijil recognized him very well.

 Sijil and his daughter were friends so Sijil recognized him very well

Name: Sijil Shamsuddin

Daughter of: 1st Queen

Position: 2nd Princess

Hobbies: Arts

Speciality: Sketching

"Another thing I noticed is that this killer is killing according to caste

"Another thing I noticed is that this killer is killing according to caste."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean the first murder was of a local house servant, the recent is of high ranked warrior."

"At this rate, the next target will be one of the Royals." Sijil decided she had heard enough. As she turned a little, the leaves under her feet rustled.