Chapter 22: Cupid

Maya's Pov
The sound of giggling and cartoons playing in the background wakes me up.

My eyes flutter open and immediately widen when I feel a strong arm wrapped around my waist. I look around and suddenly realise that I'm still in Josh's apartment.

"Shit" I mutter trying to move out of Josh's grip without waking him up but I fail. "Maya?" He ask drowsy as his eyes slowly flutter open, "Maya" he repeats his eyes widening as he just realises that I'm still in his apartment.

"We fell asleep" I say running my fingers through my stubborn locks. It's not like we did anything. After Elli fell asleep Josh and I worked on some costume ideas for the showcase, and since we were working on his computer in his bedroom, well we fell asleep.

"Daddy!" Elli yells making me look at Josh worridely. What will Elli think?

"I'll be there in a sec" he shouts standing up from his bed and running his hands through his brown hair.

"Um" he bites his lip looking back at me. "You can have breakfast with us" he smiles making me look at him like he lost his mind.

"What?" He questions furrowing his eyebrows "you don't want breakfast?" He asks confused.

"What? No" I shake my head "What will Elli think about me staying the night at urs?" I ask making him smile as he walks towards me.

"I don't know" he shrugs "But what I do know, is that Elli likes you and I bet she's going to be happy to see you still here" he admits caressing my cheek.

"I hope you're right" I breathe out staring into his gorgeous sparkling blue eyes.

"Come on gorgeous" he says standing back up "Let's get some breakfast" he extends his hand for me to take and I take it without a second thought.

"Finally" Elli smiles seeing her dad walk into the living room, but as soon as her eyes land on me her smile widens and so does her eyes.

"Maya" she says excitedly "You're here" she acknowledges, I nod, "I am".

She looks down at Josh's and I's hand clasped together and my heart beat quickens. "Are you dating my dad?" She asks tilting her head to the side.

"Um" I bite my lip looking back up at Josh. "Not exactly" I reply. Even if we did kiss last night, we weren't going out and he wasn't my boyfriend.

"Okay" she says dragging the y, as she looks at us sceptically. "Are we having breakfast?" She asks looking back up at her dad.

"Yes we are but, would you both rather go out?" He asks looking between Elli and I.

"Yeah" Elli answers making Josh look at me, "You up to go out?" He questions making me nod. "Sure" I smile "but um, could I borrow a sweatshirt or something?" I ask looking down at my outfit.

I had leggings and a shirt, but looking out through the window it looks like it's about to rain. "Off course" he smiles.

"Elli get changed" He says before leading me back to his bedroom.

"Told you she'd be okay with it" Josh smirks making me roll my eyes. "Yeah, yeah" I wave him off as I take a seat on his bed whilst he goes to goes closet to retrieve a sweatshirt.

"How was I suppose to know she'd be fine with it?" I argue as he shrugs "I just guessed from the way she likes you" he admits turning around and handing me a sweatshirt.

"There's a bathroom right in there, you can freshen up if you want" I nod and make my way to his bathroom.

I try and freshen up as best as I can and throw on Josh's sweatshirt. I immediately get enveloped in his scent and I can't fight the smile that's pulling at my lips.

"I'm ready" I annouce walking back into the living room, finding Josh fighting with his daughter's hair. "Jeez Josh" I say taking a step towards him "What are you doing?" I question looking at his attempt to do Elli's hair.

"I only know how to do buns" he says in frustration as he attempts to do what I'm guessing is a braid.

"Can I?" I ask making him nod "Absolutely" he says walking away making me chuckle.

"Okay sweety, what do you want me to do?" I ask undoing Josh's mess. "Can you just do 2 ponytails" she asks hopefully making me nod. "Yes I can".

~🎭~

Josh's Pov
This was probably one of the best breakfast I've ever had and I owe it to Maya. I haven't seen Elli smile and laugh so much and it made me extremely happy. I love spending time with Maya and the best part is that so does Elli. Maya seems to make the both of us happy and that's something I couldn't ever repay her for.

Once we finished breakfast we had to part for a few minutes. Maya had to go back to her apartment and get ready for classes and so did Elli.

"Elli!" Her classmates shout once my daughter makes her way through the door with her crutches. They all start bombing her with questions and I decide to make my way to my niece who's shaking her head in amusement.

"Niece" I smile "Hey Uncle Josh, how are you?" She asks "You seem very happy" she adds making me nod "That's because I am" I admit.

"Really?" She smirks "Does that have to do with a certain blonde?" She asks making my eyes widen "What?" I ask making her giggle "What did she tell you?" I ask making her furrow her eyebrows in confusion, "She didn't tell me anything, why did something happen?" She ask making me let out a breath of relief "Um no nothing happened" I lie and obviously Riley knows I'm lying "Josh-" she starts but gets cut off by the blonde we were taking about.

"Okay you've all seen Ellianna, now get back to class we have a showcase to prepare" Maya says making all the students usher back to their class.

"Josh do you want to come?" She ask looking up at me.

"Yeah" I reply moving around the desk and walking to the hallway her and Elli were walking into.

We walk into a room which luckily has a couch. Elli and I get comfortable and Maya is tying her point shoes on.

"So I'm going to show you 3 dances" she starts switching foot so she can tie her other point shoe on, "And you tell me your favourite" she finishes looking back up at us.

"Okay" Elli says cupping her face in excitement making me chuckle.

Maya strips off the shirt she was wearing, leaving her in her black leotard and tight sport shorts. I bite my lip as I admire her body. Her tight shorts showed off her perfect ass, and her leotard that was clinging onto her body demonstrated all her curves in the right places. To say she was gorgeous was an understatement.

I never actually saw Maya dance, so seeing her now move her body so flawlessly and effortly makes me like her more. Everyone says the perfect girl doesn't exist, well I'm sorry but I think I found her.

"So?" She asks breathlessly, snapping me back into reality "which one did you like best?" She questions walking closer to us.

"They were all amazing" Elli gushes "but um there were a lot of combinations in the second one you danced that I loved" she admits.

"So you want to go for the second one?" Maya asks smiling "Yes" Elli nods, "Are you sure?" Maya asks placing her hands on her hip "because that one is the hardest out of the two others" she adds.

"Yes I'm very sure"

"Very good" Maya smiles "It's called Cupid".

________________________
Heyyy! I feel like its been forever since I updated this book. I'm truly sorry I had to study for some exams but now that they are over get ready for some new chapters and books!!

Now if you enjoyed this chapter make sure to vote! And leave a comment sharing your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Do something new in life!

-Mel❤