18. 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗽𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗽𝘀

Start from the beginning

     Then, the fight began.

     Violet tendrils materialized around Eszter's hands as she jerks her hand forward, hitting a robot with her energy orb. The Avengers attacked all around, helping one another as they took out as many robots as possible; Eszter warped her powers around a Legion bot, thrusting her arms away from another, tearing the robot apart. From the corner of Eszter's eye, the enhanced spotted a Legion bot flying past the Avengers and Vision, getting closer to the drill when Eszter quickly stopped it. Then, Eszter yanks her arm downward, sending the robot down to the ground, destroying it.

     "Whoa!" Eszter yelps, ducking when a Legion bot flew a little too close to the enhanced, nearly scooping her up.

     Looking upward, the Legion bots circled the sky like birds stalking their prey, waiting to pounce. Capturing that same robot with her telekinesis, Eszter clenches her fist as the robot crushes into a metal ball, the enhanced flings it into three more robot's chest. But as quickly as they go, Eszter spins around and telekinetically stops a Legion bot midway as it reaches for the drill; frozen and trapped in the purple tendrils, Eszter pauses for a moment when the eyes flickered red.

     "Eszter . . ." Ultron's body whirls, voice strained.

     But Eszter grunts loudly as she tosses Ultron into the Avengers' range, letting Thor smash right through it with his hammer. With each passing moment, Eszter did her best to keep as many Legion bots away from the drill while trying to protect herself; the enhanced found it difficult as her focus could only be trained on one, Eszter couldn't balance between them both.

     Eszter captures another robot, the enhanced held it high and away from the drill, but the enhanced didn't expect the robot to explode; with her eyes wide in shock, Eszter watches as Tony flies through the bits and pieces of the robot. It felt almost impossible to think that someone like Tony Stark could help anyone but himself, never mind the fact that he had helped three kids who were out to get him.

     Eszter was in disbelief. A little relieved.

     With each blast of energy and a bit of telekinesis, Eszter and Wanda managed to protect the drill and keep it out of Ultron's reach--with the help from the Avengers and Pietro keeping most at the edge of the church. Eszter glances over to Steve when she noticed the robots were overtaking the hero, the enhanced quickly warps her telekinesis around one, holding it still. But then the darkness began to form around the robots, slowly absorbing them and hiding them in the darkness.

     Ultron flies into the church and crashes into Vision, taking the humanoid further up the church. Trying to dominate Vision, Ultron smashes the humanoid into the church walls, letting pieces crumbles and dust fly about. Suddenly, taking the upper hand, Vision manages to push Ultron out of the church with the Mind Stone's power, sending the robot flying. Crashing to the ground outside, Ultron grunts when his system began to fail, requiring maintenance.

     Falling behind Vision, Thor and Tony flew over and aimed a beam of energy and lightning at Ultron, helping the humanoid. The metal began to deteriorate into a muddy puddle; the metal's liquid slowly melts from the pressure of the heat, unable to contain its form with the heat eating away at his figure. Falling pathetically to his knees, the heroes retract their energy from Ultron, watching as he twitches and jerks, sparks flaring from his wires.

     "You know, with the benefit of hindsight," Ultron tries, but Hulk suddenly punches him high into the sky, soaring through the air and somewhere in the distance. Hulk glances back at the many other Ultrons, glaring at each of them. Then, he roars.

     The Legion bots fleed in a hurry as they desperately tried to escape, leaving the Avengers in the dust. Their defeat was proven, and Ultron knew he couldn't face the Avengers as he had hoped. The best solution would be to run away and seek shelter.