Chapter 2~ British Sweets

“Before you go ladies,” shouted Mr. Lewis above chattering girls. “Next week I will be choosing the Cinderella, so practice, practice, practice!” He looked at me for a moment as he said this and I quickly shifted my eyes. I waited at my usual post for Arri when a striking young fellow caught my eye. It appears that he caught my eye too, because he was walking straight towards me.

Hey, I know this striking young fellow! It’s Harry! Oh gosh, THE Harry Edwards is coming this way! Oh Christ, why didn’t I let my hair down after class? I thought maybe I could seduce him with my luscious locks steel…

Ha, that made no sense.

Anyway, he has that cute curly hair, he does Hip- Hop and his awesome bod just screams that, and he’s also totally NON egotistic! I’ll be honest here, he wasn’t the cutest guy in the world when he was younger, but he totally grew into those gorgeous eyes and he got way hotter over the summer. It’s obvious he doesn’t know he’s on everybody’s ‘Bang List’, because he’s still talking to people like me and Arri.

“Hi Victoria!” chirped the British songbird. “Hey Harry! I haven’t seen you around for a while!” He chuckled and said, “Yeah, I usually leave later so I can squeeze in some private lessons.”

I could see Arri having a silent laugh attack as she stood a dangerous 3 feet away from us. I couldn’t help but smile at her and her weirdness. Poor Harry looked so confused at my sudden change in facial features, so he turned around and saw my idiotic friends clapping her hands like a seal.

“Will she be alright?” he asked with a chuckle. “Eh, give it some time.” He bid me farewell and after her little episode Arri walked over to me. “Did Harry Edwards really just talk to you?”

“Did you really just bust an ovary in front of Harry Edwards?” She laughed and told me to shut up. I don’t blame her though. I mean he’s British, he’s an amazing dancer, and he’s totally single! Did I mention he’s British? Geez, how many British people live in Arizona anyway? Sort of a weird place…

We were about to enter her car when I remembered I totally forgot my jacket in my locker. “Crap, hey Arri I have to go to my locker and grab something.” “Okay, I’ll go with you.” She offered. “No, it’ll be quick just stay here.”

I ran into the building and went into the locker room. I was the only one in there and the silence kind of creeped me out. “Victoria,” I spun around and saw I wasn’t alone anymore. “Oh, hi Mr. Lewis. God, you scared me.” “Not one of my intentions…” I could not for the life of me keep eye contact with him… I’ve never really been alone with Mr. Lewis before now that I think about it. “Uhm… I just came here to get my jacket…” I said nervously, trying to end the awkward silence. I was in front of my locker, but I just couldn’t lift my hand to twist in thee combination. He startled me when he took a step closer, but I continued to stare at the ground.

I stole a glance at him and his eyes weren’t on mine, they were plastered on my leotard. I suddenly realized how thin and tight this thing was. I wanted to cover myself, but with what? The only thing I have to cover me was my jacket, and it’s in my locker. The atmosphere was thick and uneasy and I fidgeted.

My heart was beating so hard I thought it would crack my ribs. Something about him being here made me shake. It didn’t feel right in here. My gut feeling told me to run, but my legs wouldn’t cooperate. I hastily reached for my locker combination and twisted in the code and pulled. Locked. ‘Shit’ I whispered under my breath. I started to panic and I reached for my combination lock again.

“Victoria,” said Mr. Lewis. I stopped fiddling with my lock. My breaths became shorter and I didn’t look at him. “Your lines are looking much finer. I see you’ve been rehearsing.” He walked towards me some more and stopped at the locker next to mine. My hand was still gripping my combination lock. The distance between us was unbearable. We’ve been this close before, but that was with 12 other girls surrounding me. My eyes started to water and I sniffled as I continued looking towards the ground.