Changing the world to be ours

The morning sun filtered in and splashed across Anne's sleepy eyes. She struggled to sit up, laughing when she noticed Phillip's arm wrapped around her waist.
Gently distangling herself from him, she slowly got up and headed towards the bathroom. If she wasn't mistaken, today she had to be at the circus to do her routine trapeze exercises with her brother.
Luckily, W.D wasn't living with her and Phillip, who'd become her husband a few months ago.
That magical day...
Anne smiled, remembering the wedding ceremony. It had been the most beautiful memory that stood out like a shining star in her head.
As she closed the door, but not locking it, she turned to face the mirror.
She looked alive, happy, full of love. Anne had noticed this was what she'd looked like every other day since the wedding. Like she'd finally found her place in the world.
Or maybe the man.
She smiled at herself, her eyes travelling across her body...
Then she spotted something else that could be clearly seen, the nightgown curving over it...
Or somebody.
Gasping, she reached down and cupped the bump on her stomach.
She'd never noticed it until this morning.
A baby.
Her baby.
Their baby.
She felt tears prick her eyes as she cradled the unknown little one.
She felt like her heart was bursting with love.
She'd never really thought of having one.
Now she understood. She understood the loving looks each mother gave their children.
"Anne? Are you in there?"
She didn't answer, but she slowly turned and opened the door.
Phillip was sitting up in bed, his shirt off. His hair was messed up with sleep, but his eyes shot to her face. "You OK?"
"I'm... more than OK," Anne said, smiling.
She watched him smile that smile that she loved, and then he looked down and she heard his breath catch.
"We've got our own family, Phil," she whispered. Anne slid into bed and Phillip pressed his hand to the baby bump, his other arm around her shoulders.
"We changed the world, Anne," Phillip said in awe. "We've added our own mark onto the world."
Anne snuggled into him as she thought of what her brother W.D would think.
"The circus!" She gasped. "I won't be able to do trapeze!"
Phillip just grinned.
"I think you've done enough work for the circus for now," he laughed. "And don't I get to have you as well?"
Anne rolled her eyes as she slumped back into the warm bed.
Maybe they could teach their child trapeze so their whole family could be in the circus... or... or...
She dropped off to sleep with happy thoughts swirling in her head, Phillip's arms curled tightly around her.