Chapter 20

He wrapped his hand around her throat, causing her to choke. He lifted her up the wall, so far that her feet were off the floor. Michelle felt her arms getting numb, her breathing getting heavier, her heart pounding even faster then it already did. Struggling to breathe, Michelle slowly started to turn blue. She freaked out. She didn't want to die. Not here. Not this way. Not like this.

As she was freaking out, Flash suddenly let go, causing her to fall on her knees, desperatly gasping for air, as her whole body hurt. To her horror, she didn't hit the ground. No, she sank through the floor, falling deeper and deeper, the faces of both Flash and Charles swirling around her, looking at her with disgust and an evil look in their eyes.

They said things. Things she didn't want to hear, things she was too young to hear. Honestly, they said things that would make anyone insane from fear. And the worst part, they'd do it.

They would do that to her.

"P-please," her voice was cracking and tears streamed down her face. "D-don't hurt me!"

The faces came closer, their eyes shining with pure evil. They were going to do it.

They would do it to her.

---

Peter woke up from a sudden knock on his door. He grabbed his phone from his nightstand, and looked at the time. His tired eyes watched the clock on it jump from 3:59 to 4:00. Wondering who the hell would be up so early, he got out of bed stretched his body, yawning. They didn't have to go to school today, considering that what had happened last night was... something. They hadn't had the chance to explain, but the avengers had seen it in the kids. The way their bodies were shaking as they walked back to the facility, because Michelle didn't want to be alone as Pepper was yet again out of the country. The way their eyes seemed to be staring into nothingness with a fearful look in their eyes, and, of course, the cuts and bruises on Michelle's face.

Peter sleepily walked over to the door. When he opened it, he was met with a crying Michelle, who, right as he opened the door, flew in his arms and hugged him like her life depended on it. 

And in her head, it did.

"Hey," Peter carefully pushed her away, and looked in her dark blue eyes. "Are you okay? What happened?"

"I- they- I can't-" Michelle fell on the ground and put her face in her hands, sobbing histerically in them.

Peter had never seen Michelle so vulnerable.

"He-hey. Michelle, calm down, you'll be okay," Peter kneeled to her level and put his arms on her shoulders, as he tried to calm her down. "I'm here now."

Michelle wrapped her arms around him once more, burying her face in his chest. He didn't know how long they stayed like that, but it was long enough for Michelle to fall asleep peacefully.

--

"Peter, what did I tell you about coming late for breakf-" Tony opened the door to Peter's room, only to be greeted by a sleeping Michelle, lying on Peter's bed and Peter next to the bed, sleeping on the ground. Or, he was. As soon as the door opened, Peter was wide awake.

"Yes, sorry Mr Stark." Peter got up as quickly as possible as Tony tried to shake Michelle awake.

"Ehm, Mr Stark? I wouldn't do that if I were y-" Peter tried to keep Tony away from the still traumatised Michelle, but he was to late. Michelle woke up from Tony's touch, and screamed at the old(er) man. She was still terified for her life, as she swung her arms around, trying to protect herself from basically no one.