Glaring now, along with her teeth gritting, she responded, "And how many times do I need to tell you I cannot accept that?!"

"W-Well, even if you don't want to, you need to! We're not gonna benefit to any of this! I accept something I don't want, you get happy. I won't accept what I don't want to make myself happy, it does to you otherwise. See? It'll go nowhere. Besides--"

"Enough! I don't want to hear more of your excuses!"

This is bad...!

"Temari," called Shikamaru yet seemingly unable to capture her attention. "Hey, Temari. We need to stop them--"

"Go, Shikadai! Take her down!" Said her with her usual mercilessly powerful voice.

Wha--?!

Of all people Shikamaru expected to be some sort of referee was actually one of those who urged her own son to teach them what he learnt from the academy so far.

She would usually tell Shikadai to stay out of trouble, but...

"Water Style: Blue Bullets!" Circular-looking items were released from her fingertips, and fired directly at her target.

"Shikadai!" Called Temari again. "Do it, or no dinner for both you and your dad!"

Seriously, mom? Expressed the young man.

Why am I included?! Shikamaru asked himself.

"Tch," getting both impatient and annoyed, Shikadai dodged the attacks.

However, simultaneously, the bullets she fired dispersed into little versions of it, showering the latter after.

"Shit!" Shikadai quickly did his prowess of detecting and dodging the girl's attacks whilst forming a proper strategy to take her down yet somehow failed.

Quite successfully, she managed to deal damage. Her face glowed with happiness, both hands shaking in the air. "I finally caught him!"

"And how many times do I have to tell you to keep your guard up?" A smirk could be sensed running across the Nara's face as he stood, and walked towards the female--with her position unchanging.

She shifted her attention towards the exact cell she saw Shikadai standing, only to notice that his body turned into a piece of log--Body Replacement, as they named it. "?!" After it was Shikadai using his father's signature technique, Shadow Imitation--instead of making them copy their movements, the lad restricted it.

"Listen, I...," the young man scratched the back of his head, hesitating to proceed. "I don't like you. We can't be more than friends. Battling like this is a drag, but if you keep doing this, I might...," he intentionally left last of his words hanging, allowing the other to figure it out herself.

"Shikadai," on purpose, however, Temari interrupted their growing drama by slamming her tessen against the ground with enough thud to make everyone else shudder in surprise. "Let's go home."

The girl's tears had been placed in a halt, but not the blonde's invitation. She vanished thereafter.

"She's still not far," commented the kunoichi, both Inojin and Chouchou following her track. "Shikadai, she might come after you again, never take your guard down," which he unwillingly agreed on. "However, that was a nice battle! You still need more training, but that was, I'd say, remarkable. You really are my child," ended her by ruffling her son's hair.

"Hey, hey," called out Shikamaru. "He's also my son, you know."

"Huh? I could hear something buzzing from behind me," quoted the lass, typically firing soft banters toward her husband.

Shikamaru flashed a comical, deadpan look towards his wife's tough remarks, shoulders drooping.

With unchanging yet same expression as his father, Shikadai looked up at his mother whilst her palm was on his back. "Was the thing about dinner earlier true, mom?"

"Did I stutter?" Retorted Temari.

"R-Right...," unbeknowst to his knowledge, Shikadai felt his father tenderly tapping his back, only to see him motion and mouthed words don't say anything more to avoid themselves starving for tonight as Chouchou and Inojin did the same.

"If you think I don't know what you're doing behind me, think again," started the kunoichi.

Both Shikadai and Shikamaru shuddered in surprise, head bowing in apology while they kept their pace along the female. "W-We're sorry!" Uttered them, afraid of both her prowess and the absence of dinner later.

(A/N: This was supposedly focused on ShikaTema, but-- Anyway! This is not edited, sorry for the errors in advance!

The book just reached its 30th day! ✌ It took me years to finish thirty days... Thank you for supporting me 'til the end!

But, due to requests, I'll keep updating the book until the moment I get tired (I'll post up a notice, anyway!). If you guys have prompts, or ideas in mind, don't hesitate to send me a message! (Yes, even if it's mature ).

Thank you very much, and thank you for supporting this book, me, and ShikaTema! 💓)