002

My phone rings, startling me as I type away at my computer.

I look at the caller ID, picking it up after seeing Seulgi's name lighting up the screen.

"Hey, you know I'm working right?" I chuckle as I answer the phone.

"Yeah I know. Sorry if I'm interrupting but I really need to talk to you. Are we able to meet tonight? Maybe I could come to your apartment?" She sounds tired and slightly upset.

"Is everything okay?" I turn away from my computer as I try to focus on my friend.

"I'm just confused that's all. Yuta just texted to cancel our dinner plans. He said he had to organise something for the cafe. I just need to talk to you, about him."

Seulgi pauses as she takes a breath. I pick up a pen just to chew on the end of it.

"I'll send Jungwoo a message to let him know that you're coming over. Is 5 okay?"

"Thank you so much Hyeji. I don't know what I'd do without you." She sighs and I smile softly.

"Listen, I need to get back to work but I'll see you tonight." I tell her.

She bids goodbye and I hang up first.

"Is everything okay?" Taeyong asks, looking away from his screen to face me.

"Can you do me a favour?" I ask and he nods slowly.

"I need you to try and ask Yuta about his relationship with Seulgi. But in a way that he doesn't think you're questioning it."

"How do you want me to do that exactly?" He looks lost and I just pull my fingers through my hair as I turn to face my screen again.

"I'm not sure. I'm just worried that he is going to hurt Seulgi. He's been acting really strange around her recently. She is my best friend and the last thing I want is for her to get hurt."

"I'll see what I can do" He agreed to my favour and I mutter a thanks as I take a few deep breaths before getting back to work.

Jaehyun hasn't said a word to us since he started working three hours ago now. He just signed into his computer and got straight to it.

Not even Taeyong and I work that hard and we've been here for one year now.

"Lunch starts in 5 minutes" Taeyong states happily and my stomach growls almost on cue.

"I'm starving" I place my hands on my empty stomach and plaster a grin on my lips as I look at him.

"Should we go out or just get sandwiches from Osaka Blend like usual?"

"I think sandwiches will be fine" I state and Taeyong just nods before focusing on his work once more.

I have half a chapter to go. I tell myself that I won't leave for lunch until I've finished it.

"You need to rest Hyeji. One day you are going to get sick from overworking and I'm going I have to look after you."

A phrase Yuta once told me suddenly comes to mind. He used to always be really concerned when I decided to stay back at work or whenever I worked at home.

He was convinced that I was going to become ill because of the amount of hours I do.

The five minutes quickly runs out and I haven't finished the chapter.

Taeyong and Jaehyun are already in their coats, having turned off their computers.

"Hyeji?" Taeyong calls my name as he waits beside my desk, Jaehyun a few steps behind him.