"I see" is all I say. She mutters a thanks and walks away again.

I look over at Taeyong who tilts his head, silently asking what she told me.

"I have to go get milk. I'll be back soon" I explain as I slip back into my coat and stand out of the chair.

"Do you want me to come?" he offers and I just shake my head. "You have a lot to work on. I'll stop by Yuta's to get coffee on the way back."

I leave the building and head towards the supermarket which is 5 minutes away.

Walking straight to the dairy isle. I grab a 2 litre carton and go to turn around but I bump into someone, dropping the carton into the floor which causes it to burst open and spill everywhere.

"I am so sorry" The male voice apologises.

"Don't worry about it" I say softly as I scratch the back of my head. There is milk on my shoe.

I look at the guy to see a tall young man with brown, fluffy hair trying to find a nearby staff member.

I grab another carton and go to walk away but he chases after me.

"I'll pay for it. It's only fair" He states. I see the genuine look in his eyes and just nod as we head to the self serve cash registers.

He scans the milk and I place it in the bag. He then pauses and looks at the screen as though he isn't sure what to do next.

"Press this one, then insert your cash" I explain quietly, stepping forward to press the button.

"Ah, thank you. I just came back yesterday. I've been living in America for the past four years. These machines are different over there. I've forgotten quite a bit of Korean so I'm slowly adjusting again" He smiles which reveals dimples on his cheeks.

He is kind of cute.

After paying for he milk he hands me the bag and I thank him before leaving the store.

Yuta's cafe is only three shops down the street.

It's packed which isn't surprising. This place always has a lot of customers.

Yuta rapidly works behind the coffee machine as he does his best to quickly complete orders.

He has rolled up his sleeves, exposing the bottom half of his arms. His skin still looks smooth to the touch.

I shake my head, bringing myself back to reality and head over to the counter.

"Hyeji ah" Hyuna exclaims as she sees me. She was one of the first people which Yuta hired.

She and I quickly became friends as I come here so often.

"Hey, how are you?" I ask her. She recently went on holidays with her sister and just got back. I haven't seen her in a while.

"I'm good. I've missed this place a lot. The cafes in other countries just aren't the same" She admits and I just smile at her.

"The usual order for you and Taeyong?" She asks and I nod. She goes to write it down but halts.

"Yuta-ssi" she calls out.

He looks over at her and raises a brow in question. Then he moves his gaze and notices me standing there.

"You and Tae?" he asks and I hum in response. He grins and turns back to the machine.

I give Hyuna the money and pay for the drinks. There are other customers waiting behind me so I move to stand behind the coffee machine as I wait for Yuta to make them.

"You're earlier then usual today" he states and briefly meets my gaze over the top of the machine.

"Yeah, well I had to get milk" I raise the bag so he can see it, before lowering it back to my side.

"One week until I get a day off" Yuta smiles tightly.

"It'll mark 9 years" I mutter and he nods, having heard me.

When he was 12, his grandmother passed away. Yuta was closer with her then most are. For three years he lived with her as his mother got really sick and couldn't look after him. His father was too busy with work so they sent him to live with his grandmother.

"Will you be okay?" I ask, having lowered my voice so only he can hear me.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me. I'm not your problem anymore" He avoids eye contact.

You may not be my problem but I can't help but worry about you. I can't help but worry that you are hurting and no one can help you.

I try to clear those thoughts as he places the lids onto my order. He hands them too me and I grab one in each hand.

"Thank you" I thank him and he smirks at me.

"I'll see you tonight."

Arriving back at the office, I drop off the milk in the kitchen and give Taeyong his drink which he thanks me for.

I take a seat and out of the corner of my eye I can't help but look at the logo on the cup.

Osaka Blend.

It still pains my heart every time I see those words.

"Kim Hyeji and Lee Taeyong. Please stand to meet your new coworker" Our boss calls our names as he enters the room.

We both stand and turn to see the new person who will have the pleasure of working with us.

I am surprised when I see that it's the same person who just paid for the milk at the store.

"This is Jaehyun. He will have the desk next to you, Hyeji" The boss smiles at us before leaving room once more.

"Jaehyun?" Taeyong sounds as though he recognises the newbie.

"Taeyong?" Jaehyun seems to recognise him as well.

Before I have time to ask, the two have pulled each other into a tight hug.

"You know each other?" I question them and they pull away from each other again.

"Jaehyunnie went to school with Yuta and I. We were really close before he left to America" Taeyong explains and I nod slowly.

"It's nice to know your name" Jaehyun extends his hand towards me and I shake it firmly.

"Yours too" I chuckle softly when I see Taeyong's confused expression.

A/N - i hope you enjoyed the first chapter!!

thanks for reading!!