Day Two: Allowing.

Začít od začátku

"But Ma'am-"

"That's an order."

"Yes Ma'am." She whimpered, skittering away down the hall. Khan glanced at me through the corner of his eye, and you raised an eyebrow.

"What? Do I have something on my face?"

"... Yes."

You frowned and felt around your mouth.
"No I don't, you're lying,"

"You have makeup on, Lieutenant."

You felt your face flush. He noticed. You wanted to hide behind a rock or something, because if he noticed, he might have gotten the wrong idea. You stammered to correct him.

"I, uh, I just wanted to try it out, I mean-"

"Lieutenant." He hummed.

"Yes?"

Silence. You furrowed your brow and made eye contact with Khan, tilting your head.

"Yes?"

Silence.

"Khan, what is i-"

A mouth locked on yours, a hand brushing your cheek. Your eyes widened, but they snapped shut as soon as you realized what was happening. You wrapped your arms around Khan's neck as your mouths moved in sync, his chest pressed against you as your heart beat out of your own. A soft hand framed your face as he pulled away, his blue eyes the first thing you see as soon as you open yours. You felt your face heat up as his thumb brushed your cheek. This felt so right... So different. But a good different. You were falling in love with a criminal, and you didn't even care.

"I believe I've forgotten what I wanted to say, Lieutenant. Forgive me."

You nodded slightly, swallowing.
"Forgiven."

A smile worked it's way onto Khan's lips, and you couldn't help but smile back.

"What's that cocky look for?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"You sure as hell know what I mean, superman. Now knock that smug look off of your face before I do it for you."

"Are you going to punch me again?"

"You know I will."

"If only you wanted to, Lieutenant."

"You think I don't want to? You obviously don't know me. Now stop smirking, that makes me feel uncomfortable."

"But kissing me doesn't?"

You grumbled.
"Really? You're going to pull out that card? I have my reasons why I don't feel uncomfortable with that, and I'm not going to voice them to you."

Khan eyed you, dropping the hand that rested on your cheek. He stood up, offering a hand to you. You took it curiously, standing up as well. That was a sudden mood change, and you suddenly felt a bit embarrassed.

"Lieutenant."

You nodded.
"Yea?"

"The Captain and yourself. Are you together?"

You gagged.
"God, no. Why, are you jealous?" You laughed lightly on the last bit, poking Khan's chest. This was obviously not the right thing to do. Khan frowned deeply.

"You deserve someone better than I, Lieutenant. I may be superior in combat and intellect, but I am no one to be looked at as a companion. The Captain thinks very highly of you, and-"

You frowned.
"Khan, no. I don't think you understand. I... I just want you. I don't care if you don't think you're the greatest man for me or not, but I want you. On the first day you were onboard this ship you told me that Kirk wasn't good for me. What made you have a sudden change in heart? You can't just tell me not to start loving you, because that's not how it works. That's not how any of this works. I want to make the most of my time with you now, alright? I want to fall in love with you properly, and I don't care if you don't reciprocate those feelings, because loving you is better than hating you, Khan."

He fell silent.

"Lieutenant?"

"Yes, Khan?"

"I will allow you to fall in love with me, if you allow me the same grace, no matter how much it pains me to allow you to fraternize with a person like myself."

"Yes, I'll allow it. I thought I implied that. And what do you mean, a person like yourself?"

Khan hummed an unclear answer, and you smiled slightly.

You were falling in love with a criminal. A criminal who had killed your friends, and friends of friends, and has injured you.

You knew you'd either regret this,
Or remember it as the best days of your life.