Chapter 11: Summer Lovin'

The week was full of volunteering and homework and I couldn't be happier for it to be almost over. Everyday, I grew nervous of the coming day and now that it's finally arrived, I was a total wreck.

"I can tell him I'm sick." I whined.

Harley stomped across the room determined to push me out the door. "Spence, it's too late and he's already outside!"

"Crap. I think I'm going to throw up." I quickly covered my mouth and intinctively told myself not to.

Harley smoothed my hair and cupped my face so I could look up at her.

"Don't be a coward because you'll regret this later. You need to get down there because a very handsome man has been patiently waiting."

What happened to killing him the next time you seem him, I thought.

After gathering up all the courage I managed to find, I finaly fixed the dress Rae gave to me that hugged my body. It was the color of mint with white lace covering the nice fabric. The long sleeves were light lace that hung on my shoulders nicely and the best thing about the dress was the oval backless back that ended mid-back. The skirt ended just below my knees. It felt as if it was made for me. The dress fit me in every way and I couldn't deny how comfortable I felt.

I quickly ran to the metallic pumps that it came with and got my clutch that was also metallic where I'd put my powder and cellphone in earlier. I quickly checked my phone for any messages and when I found none, I ran out the door after I thanked Harley. I ran down the stairs (I tried, anyways) and almost fell onto the lobby. I tried to put my posture back together but once I laid eyes on him, stillness overcame. I thought my heart had stopped as well as everything else. After a full minute of admiring the person in front of me, leaning on the wall right across the main desk, I walked towards him. He heard me (my heels) and he turned around and smiled. I wasn't able to look him straight in the eyes until I was actually in front of him.

"What a beautiful sight you are." He said.

Surprisingly, he took my hand and kissed it. Then he grabbed it and pulled me to his car. He opened the door for me and let me in. He glided around the front of the car while he loosened his thin black tie that contrasted with his white dress shirt. My chest responded painfully.

We arrived at the party and was instantly nervous again when I saw all the parked cars in front of their home. The good vibe I felt during our light conversation in the car instantly vanished and was replaced by a horrible feeling in my stomach.

He drove to the front of the house, where the valet was waiting to park the car for us. We followed some guests to the backyard where everyone gathered. I thought the cars plenty. I hadn't imagined this many people though. I think I was hyperventilating before Noel pulled me to the side.

"If you ever decided, even if it is last minute, that you don't want to do this anymore, tell me." He looked at me seriously. He smiled at someone behind me and nodded towards them before he turned back to me. "We'll bolt out of here in no time."

I laughed. In all honesty, it relieved me. Although I was still very nervous, he settled the storm in my stomach.

"Yes, sir. I'll make sure I tell you as soon as possible so we'll get a head start." I said, trying to make light of the situation for him and for me.

"I'm sure my mother would love that." He chuckled.

I laughed again, but it scared me what will happen if we actually left. Without further ado, we entered the party and people greeted us left to right. It took me a while to get comfortable with introducing myself to the guests. Noel led me toward a white tent that housed Mrs. Park as well as other people that dressed important. Once we entered the tent, they turned toward us including Noel's mother who was talking to an Asian woman with big pearl earings and necklace. She stood and as she did, a man stood with her and followed her to us.