7 - The Maiden, Lover and Choices

Start from the beginning

How she cried. How vulnerable she had been. How she told the truth. How she became numb and then had bursts of emotions.

Meela on the other hand had a wonderful dream. She was sleeping with someone. He had a musky scent and she snuggled closer to him the entire night. It reminded her of Sandor and she couldn't stop smiling. It felt so real but somehow she knew it couldn't be real. Maybe it was just a really good dream.

    'My lady!!'

Meela jolted awake and panicked, looking around her. Both her handmaidens had a horrifying look on their faces.

  'What?!'

'You're in your small clothes Milady. Did someone enter you room last night? We are so sorry. We got too carried away by the dinner....'

Meela sighed in relieve, rubbing her temples. She has gotten a slight headache because of the sudden wake. They caused her quite a fright. And now she knew she wasn't dreaming, and last night's events did take place.

     'It...was too hot last night. And I was too tired to change into my nightdress so I just slept. Not a big deal about it..'

'Your eyes look swollen Milady. Are you alright?'

     'I just had some time alone that's all. Nothing wrong with a a young woman crying when she misses her family.'

    She kept quiet all afternoon. She knew what happened last night. How the man who intended to rape her ended up comforting her to sleep.

   But he was gone in the morning and she didn't understand why. Why didn't he stay? It was almost like he didn't want the maids to find her with him.

His smell was still on her. She could still smell his scent on her bare skin and couldn't stop thinking of his filthy words and touches.

   She didn't understand what she wants. She didn't know what to do.

This ongoing thing she has with Sandor, she knew she must have a word with him about this, but she didn't know how or what to talk. It was very important she spoke about this with him. However her encounter with Sandor was the least of her worries when news was received that Lord Eddard was attacked, leaving him limping.

Meela was shocked when she heard that her uncle was attacked by Sir Jaime before he fled and injured her uncle's leg. She certainly didn't expect Sir Jaime to do such cowardly acts and fled from King's Landing. She was angry with him.

Lord Eddard was bedridden for a few days and she didn't leave his side. Arya was with her, refusing to leave him alone and helped Meela.

   When he had healed, he was to use a wooden stick as a mean of stability and it felt very weird to watch him roam around with that.

She kept herself busy by taking care of her ill uncle. She didn't meet anyone else or talk to anyone. Not even Sandor.

The dinner banquet was the last she had seen Sandor, and she would sometimes see him quickly walking down hallways while she stayed in her uncle's chambers.

Victor to her surprise actually stayed longer than she expected. He would often come to Lord Eddard's chambers to talk to him. But he never made an effort to talk to Meela, something she was very relieved of.

Shortly later, once Lord Eddard was able to move around with his stick, he invited the girls for an early dinner at his chambers. However Sansa didn't join them and it made him very upset. But he didn't show it.

He asked about Arya and her dancing lessons, how she was adjusting to King's Landing. It was an actual conversation with his daughter and Meela was very happy. Arya was delighted to spend an ample of time with her father after so long. He didn't talk much with Meela and she knew he would have a word with her after Arya left. After they had their dinner, he sent Arya to her chambers saying he wanted a moment alone with Meela.

Beauty and the Hound - Sandor CleganeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara