Anthony and Elias didn't normally join us in the mornings because of track and basketball, but instead joined up around lunch. The only time Anthony joined was when it was too cold for them to do track.

I leaned over Jasmine's shoulder as she was watching something on her phone, headphones in and drowning out the world. I placed my chin on her shoulder, "What are you doing?" I whispered.

Jasmine sighed and paused the video, "Leila, you're literally breathing down my neck. Back up or I'll cut yours." She said. I pouted but did as I was told and backed away from her. I slouched into my chair, throwing my head back over the edge as I whined, "You are such a party pooper."

Jasmine went to answer when Olivia had a confused look on her face that caught Jasmine's attention. "Ehh, you okay? You gotta take a shit or something?" Jasmine asked, examining Olivia. Olivia shook her head, "No. Why aren't the class bells going off?" She asked, frowning.

I checked my phone and saw that it was passed the time classes started. They began at 7:30 and it was currently 7:47, but there hadn't been any bells that went off. I shrugged, "Maybe they realized ninety percent of shit we learn in high school is pointless and decided to let us stay out of class." I babbled, and Noah pursed his lips as he stared at me. "How exactly does your brain come to these conclusions?" He asks. I shrugged, "I'm just that great." I grin.

"I think you mean stupid." He mutters.

Olivia flicks Noah on the forehead and he jerks back, frowning at her as he rubs the spot, "Don't call her stupid." She scolds. "Fine." He huffs.

Jasmine was going to cut in again but a loud series of beeps sounded over the intercom, interrupting her before she could. I expected a voice to follow but it just stayed quiet for a few seconds before a teachers voice rang out, "Someone has somehow managed to cut the wires to the bells, so we will not be having bells until we get them fixed. Whoever did this will be punished. Get to class." The woman's voice was dull and flat as she spoke before the intercom shut off.

Instantly, kids began shoving against each other to get to class and leave the cafeteria. "Ow! Fuck a tit!" I cursed when someone trampled over my feet as I stood, shoving my things into my bag. I heard Jasmine chuckle, "You never fail to amaze me with the curses you conjure up." She grins.

Jasmine and I set off to first period, shoving through people who were trying to escape the claws of our principle. Mr Block, the principle, wasn't exactly a nice guy and he'd punish you if you weren't in class when you were supposed to be. It didn't matter if the bells were broken, everyone knew he'd still do it.

************

Noah and I plopped down at the lunch table, slinging my bag onto the floor beside me while Noah sat to my left. Elias and Anthony joined us next, and I frowned when Jasmine nor Olivia showed up. "Where's Jasmine and Olivia?" I asked, confused.

Noah looked over at me, food stuffed in his mouth like a chipmunk and I cringed in disgust when he began speaking before swallowing. "They got lunch detention." He said, voice muffled and food falling out of his mouth.

I leaned away, scooting my chair closer to Elias. "You are disgusting. How Olivia puts up with that," I gestured at his face, "I'll never know. Props to her." I shook my head and Noah leaned closer, "Don't hate me 'cause you ain't me." He grinned. Food was pushing out of his mouth, daring to fall into my lap and I was practically sitting on Elias trying to keep away from Noah and his horrible etiquette.

"If I hated you, it definitely wouldn't be 'cause I'm not you." I muttered, watching him as he swallowed his food. I heard Elias chuckle, his hand coming up to ruffle my hair, "You guys argue too much." He points out. I kept my gaze on Noah, "Wonder why." I said, raising my brow as Noah flicked a pea off of his spoon and at somebody as they walked by.