asters

02

PART TWO

"Do you still have the book?"

"Hm? Oh yes, of course I do. Why wouldn't I have it, I treasure it."

"Good."

"I treasure him."

A vase filled with asters sat on the burgundy coloured table. Its bright eggplant coloured petals slowly fell onto the table with every tick and every tock of passing time. Hoseok tapped his pen bean the desk quite loudly, his head resting on his arm as he did so. Taehyung sat in front of him, completing a history essay with very little patience. He raised his head up for the millionth time to check the time and every time he did so, time seemed to slow down.

What Taehyung absolutely could not stand was Hoseok, who sat behind him. Tapping a rhythm on the desk.

Detention. Another creation of Satan himself, something that students such as Taehyung were never to be seen in, yet, here he sat, after school on a Friday afternoon in the very room he feared to be in his whole life. With the very person he loathed with every single inch of his body. The very person that caused him to be here in the first place.

Taehyung could see the endless sky outside, silver-lined clouds occupied any empty spaces and rays of sunlight squeezed through the gaps. His parents were going to kill him, and the way this detention was going, it seemed as if he would die before the day was even over. Hoseok leaned over the desk, so that he was close to Taehyung. So close in fact, that he was able to hear Taehyung's breath quicken.

"Are you free this Sunday?" He whispered into Taehyung's ear. Who almost broke the pencil he was writing into two.

"Shut up." Taehyung whispered back harshly. He expected Hoseok to sit back down and let him carry on with writing his history essay that was beginning to get increasingly tedious. Hoseok did not sit back down, instead he clicked his tongue.

"Well? What do you say Kim Taehyung? Will you come with me on Sunday-"

"No, shut the fuck up you moron before you get us in trouble again!" Taehyung mumbled, lowering his head when the teacher scanned the room with her beady eyes. Hoseok frowned, although, Taehyung could not see this. He moved back into the comforts of his chair and continued to tap his pencil against the desk. Taehyung's heart raced beneath his chest. He felt as his cheeks burned hotter than a thousand fires. How dare Hoseok as him out on a date after getting him here, in detention.

Slowly, but surely. It began to get closer and closer to the end of detention, and as the teacher gave the signal to pack up and go home, Taehyung was up on his feet almost immediately. Packing away his books and pencil case hastily, avoiding any sort of eye contact with Hoseok. And as he turned to walk out of class with the other students, Hoseok took a hold of Taehyung's thin wrist and held it softly.

"How about this Taehyung, I race you back home. If I win, you have to be my boyfriend, not buts. If you win, I'll leave you alone for years to come." He stated, a broad grin on his face. The two were the only people left in the classroom, the silence between them screamed bloody murder. Taehyung, stubborn and competitive, pulled his arm out of Hoseok's grip. And with a great huff nodded.

Hoseok watched as Taehyung stretched beside him, they stood on the steps leading towards the school. Trees moved side to side with the gentle breeze, Hoseok did not stretch. He merely smirked as Taehyung did so.

When he had finished, Taehyung muttered what sounded like a prayer under his breath beside Hoseok, that caused him to furrow his brows in confusion, when time came for the race to begin. Taehyung stares into the deep emerald see before him, his breath quickened and heart pounded as Hoseok began the countdown.

"3..." Taehyung's mind raced and chest ached.

"2..." Hoseok gazed into the distance, determination clouding his eyes.

"1...Go!" Before Taehyung was even able to take a step forward, Hoseok was already racing ahead of him. He stood still and watched as Hoseok raced down the road, too fast to even be able to catch up to. Defeated, Taehyung buried his face in the palms of his hands.

"The clearing, meet me at the woodland clearing. 7:00pm!" Hoseok shouted from the distance, even from afar, Taehyung could see him beaming. A date at 7:00pm? What on earth had Hoseok planned? Wherever it was, Taehyung had already begun the countdown to his impending doom.

Highschool had now officially made hell by the infamous Jung Hoseok.

And Taehyung did not like one single piece of it.

⚘⚘⚘

yeehawwwww

d.w