Loneliness.

An apartment where a big family could easily live, that was the kind of place where she resided alone. Her eyes left the ceiling, moving at the framed photograph of her family that hung on the wall in front of her bed. She left the bed and walked toward that wall. With each step, her throat became dry.

"I wish I could turn back time," touching the photo with fragile fingers, she muttered. 

Her eyes brimmed with adoration as they took in the faces of her mother, father and her brother who tightly hugged her. Together, they looked the happiest. Aya failed to remember a time where she smiled like that after leaving her family. Every night, she caressed the unliving photo, wanting nothing but to feel their warmth through it. Often, she pondered if they're eating well, living well or if they're still frantically trying to contact her.

"Do you remember when you said I would end up alone?" A bitter smile evident on her face, as she gently stroke her mother's face.

"Your words came true, mother. I am the loneliest now. No complains though, I deserve it after jinxing our little happy family."

No, now wasn't the time for being emotional. The night was still young and her work was yet to begin. 

The world would only be envious of her success but they would never sympathize of what she had to go through to earn this tremendous level of success. Wiping her tears, she looked at the time.

7.30 o'clock in the evening.

An hour left for her nightlife to begin.

"MY EVER stunning lady."

She smiled at the man, "Thank you, Emanuel. I hope I can stay stunning like this for the whole night though. Just faced an emotional disaster."

"You don't even have to try. You are born stunning, my lady. And a very strong woman. This boy, Emanuel loves you a lot." 

"But last time I checked, you were sixty, my boy," Aya laughed. 

"Shush you, Munchkin. Men can dream, can't they?" He acted to sulk, while rolling his eyes.

"Well, of course. Age is just a number, it's the heart that matters the most."

The rear view mirror showed her smiling face. Seeing her smile a little from his silly jokes, satisfied his fatherly heart.

Even though they arrived at their destination a while ago, Aya couldn't muster up enough courage to get out of the car. She wasn't ready. Not when she felt extremely vulnerable.

"Have courage, Munchkin. I will ask Carol to prepare your favorite breakfast and bring it to you tomorrow."

Emanuel's soothing voice didn't calm her but gave her enough courage for the showdown.

"I would love that. Thank you. I'll get going now." 

Emanuel nodded as he hurriedly opened the door for her. Getting out of the car, She walked ahead with utter confidence. The clacking of her expensive heels matching with her loud thoughts.

Good shoes not always take you to good places.

Sometimes it takes you to places that makes you cry and sometimes to places you dread the most.

Nevertheless, you keep wearing those shoes. Hoping that maybe someday, it will lead you to a good place. Accidentally, it will make you bump into a place that you will finally be able to love.

Her thoughts paused as her walk came to a halt. In front of her was the place that no ordinary human could afford to visit. A place that only produced top models and actors. A place that served elite unknown VIPs. 

She muttered under her breath, "Clover."

Clover—the scandalous enigma, the most sought-after agency with zero unsuccessful celebrities. Or as Min Aya knew, a place for trades to take place.

Note: I personally like this new edited version of this chapter. But I'm sad as I lost all the in-line comments :(