"What was there to be gained by fighting the most evil wizard who has ever existed? Only innocent lives, Peter!" Sirius hissed.

"You don't understand! He would have killed me, Sirius!" Pettigrew wailed, still sobbing.

"THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED! DIED RATHER THAN BETRAY YOUR FRIENDS, AS WE WOULD HAVE DONE FOR YOU!" Sirius roared.

"You should have realized if Voldemort didn't kill you, we would. Good-bye, Peter," Amisty had never heard Lupin's voice go so cold.

They had their wands raised, eyes cold, and just were about to open their mouths when --

"NO!" You can't kill him. You can't," Harry darted across the room, blocking their way.

"Harry, this piece of vermin is the reason you have no parents. This cringing bit of filth would have seen you die too, without turning a hair. You heard him. His own stinking skin meant more to him than your whole family," Sirius growled.

"I know. We'll take him up to the castle. We'll hand him over to the dementors... He can go to Azkaban... but don't kill him," Harry panted.

"Harry, this piece of vermin is the reason you have no parents. This cringing bit of filth would have seen you die too, without turning a hair. You heard him. His own stinking skin meant more to him than your whole family," Black growled lowly.

"I know. We'll take him up to the castle. We'll hand him over to the dementors... He can go to Azkaban... but don't kill him," Harry replied, still short of breath.

"Harry! You -- thank you -- it's more than I deserve -- thank you -- " Pettigrew threw his arms around Harry's knees and Amisty felt her mouth curl up in disgust.

Clearly, Harry was feeling the same way, "Get off me. I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing it because I don't reckon my dad would've wanted his best friends to become killers -- just for you."

Amisty's gaze flickered over to Sirius and Professor Lupin, who traded glances and then slowly lowered their wands.

"You're the only person who has the right to decide, Harry. But think... think what he did..." Black murmured.

"He can go to Azkaban. If anyone deserves that place, he does..." Harry replied, his voice cold as Pettigrew wheezed.

"Very well. Stand aside, Harry," Lupin nodded. Harry didn't shift, looking weary. "I'm going to tie him up. That's all, I swear."

So he did. Small, thin cords spread from the end of Lupin's wand and wrapped themselves around Pettigrew tight, leaving him bound and gagged.

"Bet if you transform, Peter, we will kill you. You agree, Harry?" Black snarled, the warning clear in his voice.

Harry nodded in plain sight of the man.

"Right. Ron, I can't mend bones nearly as well as Madame Pomfrey, so I think it's best if we just strap your leg up until we can get you to the hospital wing," Lupin decided, hurrying over and tapping his leg with his wand. "Ferula."

Amisty recognized the spell, it was one Madame Pomfrey had used a few times while she sat observing during her visits to the hospital wing.

Bandages would wrap themselves around the area where the wand was tapped, finishing it off with a tight, sturdy splint. Lupin helped the redhead to his feet, and Ron very wearily put a bit of weight on his leg.

"That's better. Thanks," He gave a wan smile, not flinching as he added more weight.

"What about Professor Snape?" Hermione asked quietly, her voice still in shock over the quadruple spell they had used.